Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DXS pulse loader

Spike

Platinum Member
Nov 11, 2001
Essex, England
www.GIMILSIM.com
I've heard talk that you can adjust a pot inside to speed up or slow down the feedrate, and can also be used to soften it's use against brittle paint, or harder to try and push odd-shape paint down, but to be honest every single one of mine is stock and it works well with all types of paint.

If it is used maybe someone has had a fiddle with that? Maybe someone else with more knowledge could confirm or deny if an adjusted pot could cause the problem?

QUOTE]

One of the biggest warranty issues we see in our booth is when people have tried to speed them up by adjusting the potentiometers. Not only does this bugger up the unit ot also voids all warranty!

I agree if it has been tampered with this could be the issue. Each unit is factory set against a guage so there should be no issue out of the box.

Other than RF mode the Loader works by current feedback to determine if a ball is in the stack. To test it it is very simple...

The two modes are Red - Pulse Mode for all markers & Green for Markers fitted with an RF Transmitter.

1. Put your finger in the feed cone and jam it up as if your finger is a stuck or waiting ball.

2. Switch the loader on in green mode. The paddle will try to turn and then stop against your finger, you may feel it back off slightly. 5 seconds later it will try to move again just to make sure all is fine.

On later models we added an Antijam feature to switch to Red mode briefly until the jam was clear if the circuit detected excess pushing back / slip against the feed cone. When the unit enters this it acts just as in red mode but then switches back to green on its onw - you can not swap modes at this time.

3. Now put the loader into Red mode and Jam it again with your finger. This time the motor pulses against your finger and you will feel it go foward and back and it will do it continuously.

If you hear a continuous whirring noise as if the motor is spinning and the paddle either keeps gently pushing against your finger - the belts are most likely slipping.

If you feel a feeble push from the paddle it is most likely the batteries.

If you have RF fitted to the marker, when synchronised if you pull the trigger the unit will try to feed no matter what mode it is in. If

If you bring your loader to any Millennium event where we have our booth I will gladly get one of the techs to look at it for you.