Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DYE DAM, yes or no?

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
I do fancy a go with one. I know they're available in another couple of weeks so will see whether we can get one for a review and make up my mind then.

I think it's a great concept, will it be practical? I don't know but all I do know is I've had an Axe and a prophecy, neither of which gave me ANY hassle, both of which are incorporated in the D*fender......
I have shot one and i have used one...
Let me start of by saying its the nicest gun i have ever shot and the dye dam is nothing compared to it.. The internals are based around an axe and the new vanquish.. It has a magnesium body so its very light but also very rigid.. The hopper on the back is effectivly a z2.. And feed the balls up and throught the gun.. The gun shoots like a vanquish..and has zero recoil at all!!
Its one of the best designed guns going.although it cannot be modified it needs to stay as it comes..
Finally it is easy to take apart and clean.. Although the body itself doesn't come apart the rest of the gun does and easily

nutz247

Nov 3, 2009
near windsor
I have shot one and i have used one...
Let me start of by saying its the nicest gun i have ever shot and the dye dam is nothing compared to it.. The internals are based around an axe and the new vanquish.. It has a magnesium body so its very light but also very rigid.. The hopper on the back is effectivly a z2.. And feed the balls up and throught the gun.. The gun shoots like a vanquish..and has zero recoil at all!!
Its one of the best designed guns going.although it cannot be modified it needs to stay as it comes..
Finally it is easy to take apart and clean.. Although the body itself doesn't come apart the rest of the gun does and easily
It's a good concept and maybe a great gun but it doesn't really work as it won't be usable at a mag fed event. They've just released the box mag for the dam. Which means the dfender has no real advantage over it in fact it is rather limited by its design no mag and you can't put a bottle directly on it. This makes for it appealing to a very niche market but saying that I would have one if the price wasn't so high but I am a marker addict.

RichB

Devoid of ego
Sep 3, 2010
Teeside
It's a good concept and maybe a great gun but it doesn't really work as it won't be usable at a mag fed event. They've just released the box mag for the dam. Which means the dfender has no real advantage over it in fact it is rather limited by its design no mag and you can't put a bottle directly on it. This makes for it appealing to a very niche market but saying that I would have one if the price wasn't so high but I am a marker addict.
I've had a D*fender for a week now, although I've not used it in anger yet; just put around 500 paint through it in the garden. You can easily put a bottle on it - I stick my 1.1 bottle on and it's very light and well balanced.

I also love playing MagFed and am genuinely confused as to why a DAM with a 300 round box-mag might be acceptable in a MagFed game but not a D*fender? It's not an issue for me as I have MagFed markers too but I'm just curious as to opinions.

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
You
you can't use it as a magfed..... But it does work nicer than a dam

Reactions: RichB