Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DYE DAM, yes or no?

Rock Ape

Dec 21, 2012
Oldbury, West Midlands
Hi all,

I've been thinking about buying a dye dam, as it looks like everything I want in a scenario marker, but I'm getting mixed reviews of people. So let's open this up and get peoples opinions (good & bad) on this and hopefully help me make up my mind on weather I should buy one or not?

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
I didn't get on with the one I had,no comparison with an P E LV1 .
Looks nice I thought it would be the answer to quest for best marker for woods and occasional speedball.with first strike option.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dusty and Rock Ape

Rock Ape

Dec 21, 2012
Oldbury, West Midlands
I didn't get on with the one I had,no comparison with an P E LV1 .
Looks nice I thought it would be the answer to quest for best marker for woods and occasional speedball.with first strike option.
My findings....
Didn't find first strike all that its cracked up to be,(at least not with standard barrel ),
Heavy,
Had to immediately upgrade to new bolt as woudnt chrono over 270,
switches off after 10 min,
Blender,had breaks with all grades of paint,(barrel and breech same paint in LV1 no issues at all,nothing).
Barell unscrews when taking it off and you can't get to back without taking shroud off.
(Unless you glue it together or tighten it v hard),
Fiddly to clean, both inside and outside,(5 min to strip clean ego ,1/2 hour + for DAM)
Crap on air.( as in really crap)
Standard stock can only be used with a remote line.or a tiny 13,
Heavy with bottle attached,
Case is a waste of time as you have to strip gun to put it in,( looks nice though)
First strike expensive,
No front sling attachment ,
Dye cam scratches off with a fingernail,
Sights on paintball marker ! Why bother,
Settings done with flashing LED's which you have to count,arghhhh.
Crappest barrel sock in the world.
ASA on / off is small and easily caught and switched off hard to use with gloves.
Hard to press buttons,especially with gloves on buttons / LED's fill with paint then you can't see them,
If you just going to run with first strike magfed then it may be fine but other markers can
probably do that just as good and cheaper.
Lost money on sale as no one wants them second hand.
I'm not saying no just pointing out the negatives I found.

Positives .
Looks cool is a quality marker in construction ,fires Magfed first strike with no problems.
Would probably fire hard winter paint ,without breaks.( or maybe not)
Nice spares kit.
Plenty of options to customise,I tried RIP clip conversion ( still a blender !)
(Thought about first strike Lapco barrel ,but had waisted enough money.)
Loads of tac rail to hang toys from. (Which just makes it heavier)
Cheap mags ( two 20's for £18)
DYE UK customer service was v good.

Just my opinion,others may differ.

RobbyT

I like potatoes
Jan 3, 2013
Chelmsford
Hi all,

I've been thinking about buying a dye dam, as it looks like everything I want in a scenario marker, but I'm getting mixed reviews of people. So let's open this up and get peoples opinions (good & bad) on this and hopefully help me make up my mind on weather I should buy one or not?
It all depends upon what you are looking for in a marker.. If you want to go magfed, then there re many pure magfed guns like the r1, milsig m series or tgr....
If your looking for a gun that is hopper fed then look more at phenoms, tm15 ect..
I have tried a dam and compares it to all the main magfed guns out there.. And it isn't great at magfed

scanner

Mar 26, 2010
The etha with the emc kit it's a very good option. You can play woodsball and speedball without problems.

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Or etha or LV1 without the EMC kit. You can still play woodsball and speedball, but you're not lugging a load of extra weight on the marker. :)