Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DYE DAM, yes or no?

scanner

Mar 26, 2010
The EMC mods for Geo, Lv1 and Ego are very interesting.

For a good woodsball player the aperance of his gun is very important and the emc it's a very good option to transform these markers into a tactical guns.

But you want a magfed the only one problem it's attach it "I prefer a rotor"

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
For a good woodsball player the aperance of his gun is very important and the emc it's a very good option to transform these markers into a tactical guns.
I genuinely don't get that? How does lugging all that extra weight around turn you into a good player.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
For many players the appearance of their guns is very important.
I would say this is more apparent in speedball with colour co-ordination, 'individuality' and fashion.

For a good player of any kind, form and function are the most important factors.
Things such as it shooting when you pull the trigger, balls mostly going straight where you point the barrel, reliability, ergonomics etc.

'Tactical' is often confused with woodsball & scenario. Its not very tactical to bulk out your gun.
Making it ergonomic for you is tactical - rails offer the potential to add a grip in the right place for you.
Attaching many other things are just bulk.

A tactical light may be of use - for night games and underground / CQB games. But the tactical player will leave it switched off, bring the light for safety requirements, finding your way out after the game or searching cleared rooms.

Cameras can be mounted to rails, these are good to use.
A sling could be added to a rail which lets you get hands off, if appropriate.

Sights are counter productive for the majority of the time, for a variety of reasons.

But you want a magfed the only one problem it's attach it "I prefer a rotor"
I realy don't understand what you are saying here. There are magfeds that can have hoppers, and magfeds that can't have hoppers.

The Activist

Oct 29, 2013
london
I'm not so sure i will get one before they release an update for the board. Switching off after 10mins is a big thing in woodsball.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
I'm not so sure i will get one before they release an update for the board. Switching off after 10mins is a big thing in woodsball.
It depends on the individual. However the DAM is not the first paintball gun to have an auto shut off, let alone one with a 10 minute shut off that you can't disable.

Even a low quantity shooter like me, not shooting anything for 10 minutes in a game can be a very long time.
Its not impossible to check your gun periodicaly during a game if you are not active, and as a very publicised feature DAM users should be aware.

If thats a problem for you then don't buy a DAM, and check the auto-off features of other makes & models before buying.

The Activist

Oct 29, 2013
london
Don't get me wrong. its an awesome marker but i already have an angel for speedball and was looking at the mechanical mag fed markers but they all have most of the features but there something that makes it not complete and all the oodles of other features the DAM has make it ideal. The twin sided mags for FSR and electro pneumatic design is just too friggin sick. Whats the harm of making that auto off feature adjustable. even with dip switches or such.

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
On an addendum to this if anyone does intend to go magfed I would further recommend the dam.
It certain isn't a cheap way of going magfed, but covers both worlds with hopper and magfed options and switching between them

I recently tried other magfed guns and realy did not get on with d-mags - I didn't even get to use them in game, that would have been messy!
If I stuck with it I would have eventually got it but I had so many failures slotting in the magazines - other people's experiences may differ, it was just me not getting the feel of it right

And of course - not to forget the hammer - another good magfed buy. I can cope with hammer magazines!

Reactions: Bryso16v