Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye DM7 Feedneck

Sl1d3r

Feb 25, 2010
Neston, North-West UK
i have purchased a colour kit for my DM7 but can i buggery get the stock feedneck to unscrew.

is there an almighty trick to it or do you need to find some sort of mythical greek god to unscrew it for you?

thank you and goodnight

Much love

Shwat

Platinum Member
Apr 9, 2009
Wirral
A mythical greek god will normally help!

Though I did accidently unscrewed mine when i was cleaning the breach. I stuck a microfibre cloth down the feedneck and started rotating it, and the feedneck came out. Was well happy :)

Sl1d3r

Feb 25, 2010
Neston, North-West UK
A mythical greek god will normally help!

Though I did accidently unscrewed mine when i was cleaning the breach. I stuck a microfibre cloth down the feedneck and started rotating it, and the feedneck came out. Was well happy :)
just had a silly thought... its not reverse threaded is it? cos if it is and ive been tightening it...it might never come off lol

k4p84

Platinum Member
Oct 14, 2009
www.paintballskirmish.co.uk
Hi

Some tricks include tightening it down as much as possible on a loader then turn the loader to unscrew it.

If you do not need the feedneck afterwards as this can bend the ' fingers ' a bit I have found that popping the collar off and using a kitchen knife in the ' fingers ' usually gives you enough leverage.

If you don't need the feedneck afterwards or damage it give me a shout as I will be after one for a little project I have in the pipe lines......

Regards

Ed

Fly

Platinum Member
Jan 25, 2002
Good solid metal ruler or bread knife, put in the slots and rotate the gun not the feedneck, I've done 100's of them, some have loctite on but not the strong stuff.

Sl1d3r

Feb 25, 2010
Neston, North-West UK
Hi

Some tricks include tightening it down as much as possible on a loader then turn the loader to unscrew it.

If you do not need the feedneck afterwards as this can bend the ' fingers ' a bit I have found that popping the collar off and using a kitchen knife in the ' fingers ' usually gives you enough leverage.

If you don't need the feedneck afterwards or damage it give me a shout as I will be after one for a little project I have in the pipe lines......

Regards

Ed
in the pipe lines... feed pipe.... funny :p, umm to be honest if i dont break it taking it out ill prob keep it with the rest of the black accessories i have, i have a habit of changing my mind about colours... me to gun colours is like women to shoes

Sl1d3r

Feb 25, 2010
Neston, North-West UK
got it off finally!

thanks for the advice on the kitchen knife its the only thing i found that didnt bend while trying to unscrew it, half the contents of the cutlery draw is now ****ed however lol

and didnt break it either :D woohoo go me