Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye i3 goggles

Vwcampervanmarkuk

Apr 13, 2020
Midlands, UK
Dug up my old i3 goggles with the rest of my old kit as looking to start playing at npf again. Should I invest in new strap and lens or buy new/second hand goggles (such as i4s)? Anywhere to get said spares for i3s cheap?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Dug up my old i3 goggles with the rest of my old kit as looking to start playing at npf again. Should I invest in new strap and lens or buy new/second hand goggles (such as i4s)? Anywhere to get said spares for i3s cheap?
That’s a good question as to whether to maintain or replace.

An i3 lens would still be around in some of the UK retailers, but you’ll be looking at about £30
Then if your strap is in need of a refresh you can choose from a wider range than specific i3s as long as you know the size (and I can’t remember if the fittings can come off - so you may be restricted to i3 ones). That would be in the range of £15
Then foam - I gave my old i3s a treat with generic Hong Kong goggle foam for next to nothing

You’ve then spent £45+ on freshening up old goggles. Which is much less than £150 on some goggles.
But my current favourite goggles are Grills. These go for £100+ for the latest colour set/limited runs, or £50 or less for many of the options. That makes it a brand new set for not much more, and for some goggles the lens alone costs almost as much as a new set.
I treated myself to the Xmas sales in 2018, with a few sets of grills in a variety of colours at silly cheap prices.

Have a scan of retailers such as BZ, Super5ives etc and any UK retailer will welcome the business at the moment

Vwcampervanmarkuk

Apr 13, 2020
Midlands, UK
Thanks for the reply. Yes, bugs me that they are otherwise perfectly good, but the parts add up. Plus been seeing second hand i4s etc on market for £50 ish..decisions but have time to look around and save :)

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
Thanks for the reply. Yes, bugs me that they are otherwise perfectly good, but the parts add up. Plus been seeing second hand i4s etc on market for £50 ish..decisions but have time to look around and save :)
You can sew a new strap on to the fittings

BZ should have Lens

I may even have soft ears somewhere

Post a wanted thread if needed (y)

Reactions: Vwcampervanmarkuk

Vwcampervanmarkuk

Apr 13, 2020
Midlands, UK
That’s a good question as to whether to maintain or replace.

An i3 lens would still be around in some of the UK retailers, but you’ll be looking at about £30
Then if your strap is in need of a refresh you can choose from a wider range than specific i3s as long as you know the size (and I can’t remember if the fittings can come off - so you may be restricted to i3 ones). That would be in the range of £15
Then foam - I gave my old i3s a treat with generic Hong Kong goggle foam for next to nothing

You’ve then spent £45+ on freshening up old goggles. Which is much less than £150 on some goggles.
But my current favourite goggles are Grills. These go for £100+ for the latest colour set/limited runs, or £50 or less for many of the options. That makes it a brand new set for not much more, and for some goggles the lens alone costs almost as much as a new set.
I treated myself to the Xmas sales in 2018, with a few sets of grills in a variety of colours at silly cheap prices.

Have a scan of retailers such as BZ, Super5ives etc and any UK retailer will welcome the business at the moment
Just looked at the grills and some reviews..£50 seems an awesome price for new..are they often on sale at that price as other sites have them almost £100 still?

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
Just looked at the grills and some reviews..£50 seems an awesome price for new..are they often on sale at that price as other sites have them almost £100 still?
The best prices are around Xmas and when new ranges get released, but BZ do currently still have some colour schemes at £50

Vwcampervanmarkuk

Apr 13, 2020
Midlands, UK
The best prices are around Xmas and when new ranges get released, but BZ do currently still have some colour schemes at £50

Yeah, couldn't resist and got some grills in olive/tan from BZ .. £50 is a steal..wife will ask why though lol :)