Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye i4, changing soft ears

M600

Sock Hats are Cool!
Jan 4, 2008
i get to the point where i have taken the strap off but i cant figure out how to get the existing ears off
any help appreciated
thanks

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
i just used a standard philips screwdriver to unscrew the 2 bolts holding the strap clips to the soft ears. After accomplishing that, I simply eased the clips through the slots and pulled the entire strap free, leaving me with 2 seperate soft ears that i could put in the laundry. Putting it all back together was slighty tricky though!

Orion3

Jul 12, 2009
hello_moto is right.

You need to undo the screws and then slide the ears off over the straps - this is difficult as the holes in the ears are barely big enough to get the straps through. Just as bad/worse getting the news ears onto the straps.

Have fun!

M600

Sock Hats are Cool!
Jan 4, 2008
so i just have to slide em through the strap connectors?
but its near impossible.... :(

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
yeah that's exactly what you have to do.

it's a tight squeeze for sure but it can be done. Basically, you've got to make the slots as large as possible without physically tearing the soft ears apart. At the same time, pull the strap connector through the enlarged space. Afraid i cant offer much more advice than that.

Orion3

Jul 12, 2009
I found that by turning/folding the plastic strap ends back at 90 degrees (forming a triangle) it was marginally easier to get them through the holes in the ears - have fun!

Liam92

#16 Reading Entity
Nov 4, 2009
Glasgow, Scotland
yup just make sure you take the top of the plastic through first because obviously its too big to pull through the way it sits normally