Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye in trouble ???

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
The PSP survives and functions on its own with no need for propping up whatsoever, ... there are three owners/shareholders, of which Dave is the majority shareholder but its assets are not providing security elsewhere.
The PSP has nothing to worry about for the moment.
Cheers for clearing that up Pete

It'd be terrible for the sport to lose Dye, they are a legendary brand. But I do feel they have been treading water for quite some time from a new products stand-point. The last genuinely innovative products they put out were the DAM and the Rotor. The DAM has had it's already high priced jacked up and up in the last couple of years while more affordable mag-fed markers have launched. And no changes have been made to the Rotor beside colourways for years, while again the prices have just gone up. On the other hand companies like PE and KEE have consistently managed to generate excitement around any new kit they release.

Spikerz

Super Moderator
Mar 25, 2014
What about PBA and the webcast? Hopefully that'll still be ok as well. I really enjoy watching the webcasts and the viewership seems to be going up each event.

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
The PSP pays for the webcast and they then charge pay for view.
SMP [Sports Media Promotions] does the actual webcast stuff.. Dave owns SMP as far as I know but more importantly, it's also not subject to any guarantees, once again, as far as I know.

We really do need for Dave and Dye to come outa this in one piece because it sends out the wrong message to all banks who maybe underwriting various companies within paintball.

The last thing we need is the first domino to topple .....

Reactions: Spikerz