headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Uh Oh..

Originally posted by james adkin
There is to be an announcement confirming what i wrote soon
Quite the contrary...Dye tops will not be allowed in the Millenium Series...But at least ya got yourself some nice practice jerseys;) ..

But Tyger brings up a good point..My BK headbands also take alot more bounces than you would believe...Its like wrapping a marshmellow around your head..But as long as you can pass them off as keeping sweat outta your eyes(which they do),then they allow them..Maybe if Dye found a legitimate reason for the padding in the shoulders(for sliding aint gonna cut it),they would be accepted but that doesnt look like thats gonna happen so it looks like alot of ya are getting the shaft on this one..

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Uh Oh..

Originally posted by headrock6
Quite the contrary...Dye tops will not be allowed in the Millenium Series
:(

Wonder when the Mill series organisers will come out and make a definate statement about what James has said, after all, for non sponsored teams choosing which tops to buy is expensive, and not something that is taken lightly, what if they all buy them, thenare told they cant use them, or on the flipside, they all buy other branded tops, then are told, you could have used them after all.....

so confusing......:( :(

are they allowed in the NPPl and the PSP......? If so then is there some performance feature that allows them to act differently as Jerseys over here in Europe? Why is the ban not standardised worldwide?

Why have the MM and the Series 2003 organisations decided to allow them if the Millennium Series has decided they are to be banned...........??????:confused: :confused:

Sounds like politics again...........:(

as Goose said, i have no problem with the ruling, other than conflicting things that are emerging, leading to more confusion. James obviously has reliable contacts, or he wouldnt have posted this here if he knew it may be false, despite what the Mill Board said in their statement.

sam

Hey I could give rats a$$ whether or not I am sponsored by them or not. If they are ruled illegal - or should I say "innapropriate" then we would of course abide by the rules.

The only thing I am asking is if someone tested these things before saying they where against the rules. Or was this a case of Dye saying that they added padding - instead of special reinforcement - and everyone saying WHOA, PADDING.

Again the "padding" doesn't look all that thick and I am just wondering if it would give a consistant number of bounces (more than the average shots to the shoulder).

Let's also remember one thing people - if a shoulder is sticking out that much, there is usually a marker "attached to it" and that is a hell of a lot harder that any flesh. If there is no marker in front of the shoulder then that player is wide open and then probably has other things to worry about than whether or not he will get a bounce from some padding on his shoulder.

The reason why most people get bouncers of their headbands is largely not because of the padding (mind you this helps) it's due to the fact that the head is round - I bet the bouncers aren't happening on your forhead but off the top. Same goes with the shirts - a shot straight on (that happens to miss any marker or goggle) would have a greater chance of breaking over one to the outside edges anyhow.

goose

sjt19

May 23, 2002
Visit site
Posted By Karlijn half an hour ago, guess this sinks James comment...:

Millennium Series has announced the following:

"Immediate Rule Changes for the 2003 Season
You are not allowed to play with jerseys with padding sewn into the shoulders.
Only a single layer of padding is allowed on the elbow."

You can read the whole press release (in which this was posted) on the Millennium Series website.

I hope this will explain everything. These rules have not been changed since they first were announced.

Karlijn
Administrator
Millennium Series

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
Goose,

you're missing the point. There is padding (however thin and "non-bouncy" some people try to make out) where it has no right being.

If you don't draw the line at this, then when are you going to? What you going to do, get someone who's 170lbs to stand 54ft away, shoot them with 10 balls of Evil paint that's been stored at 21 degrees C and 58.43% humidity using a Cocker chrono'ed at 296fps and if less than 9 break the padding is not allowed.

Nope, it's padding, it's not where it needs to be, it's outside the rules - period, it's just sooo much easier to do it this way.

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Originally posted by Roland
Any padding or extra layers will increase the chances of a ball bouncing.

As do my neoprene divers gloves, knee and elbow pads, woolly hats, sweat bands, baggy clothing, need I go on!
True,all those things promote bounces but its not the sole purpose of them..If you can name one valid reason that padding is needed on the shoulders other than for the sole purpose of promoting bounces,then you should write to the Board and have em try and lift it...

The whole point is,theres absolutely no reason for it other than to encourage bounces..Dye knew what they were doing when they produced them and now it comes back and kicks em in the ass a little..Who I really feel bad for are all the teams who spent the money on em and now can only use em for practice...