The Home Of European Paintball

DYE is allowed in the Millennium series

Roland

Comrade Trogski
Jul 11, 2002
Eccleshall, Staffordshire
Visit site
Originally posted by headrock6
True,all those things promote bounces but its not the sole purpose of them..If you can name one valid reason that padding is needed on the shoulders other than for the sole purpose of promoting bounces,then you should write to the Board and have em try and lift it...

The whole point is,theres absolutely no reason for it other than to encourage bounces..Dye knew what they were doing when they produced them and now it comes back and kicks em in the ass a little..Who I really feel bad for are all the teams who spent the money on em and now can only use em for practice...
If the padding is not there to promote bounces then they must be there to stop it hurting when you are hit! So the shoulder padding is there to stop it hurting when I get hit on the shoulder!:)

Burb

#1 Soi Cowboy.
Nov 27, 2001
Middleweight
There was a great picture posted on the net not so long ago showing how pointless the extra "padding" was.
There is a simular picture in "What Paintball Gear 2003" next to the x-mag review, i think the bird on the left shows excactly why these tops have been banned.
When you shoulder your marker it pushes the padding up near your bicep - creating a lovely douvet effect.
At close range i doubt this padding will do anything, but snap shooting at long range is bound to catch or bounce a few balls off it. It makes sense to ban them because if the Millenium decided to let them slide then every other make of jersey would soon follow suit, leading in a great "what else can we get away with debate!"
But how enforced do you think the rule will be? If say 20 teams show up with them on - would they make all 20 teams play either without a jersey - or not at all?

Tyger

Old School, New Tricks
Pushing the rules

I find that clothing rules are as 'pushable' as the opposing team will make them. Case in point.

Bad Co UK at a speedball tournament in '91 was accused of wearing "Padded Pants" (TROUSERS for the UK crowd). So, they addressed the problem.

they proceeded to TROUNCE the team complaining about the pants.

Point is that you can wear anything you want 'till someone thinks you've suddenly got an unfair advantage, I find. Realistically, I would complain LONG and HARD at the other team for cheating, just to throw their rythym off. But that's me.

-Tyger

headrock6

Bloody Yanks!!
Jun 5, 2002
Strong Island
Visit site
Padding is for P***Y'S anyway..

Can we get over this??They give you gloves to protect your hands..They give you elbow pads which protect your biceps,triceps,elbows,and forearms..They give you kneepads to slide on...You can wear slide shorts and a shirt underneath your jersey..You can wear headbands and any type of hat..Maybe the Board has finally had enough!!Jeez,its more protection than those mock sumo suits offer..

Millennium should have just said,we are banning all padding besides elbow and knee pads because we feel extra padding anywhere else adds nothing in way of protecting you and MAY promote unfair bounces..JMHO...

KEN@AFGM

Snake player of choice!
Aug 6, 2001
Brighton
Visit site
Oh dear

Right Niall has just posted and said that Dye tops were inspected at HB and they have allowed them in the millenium series. Therefore the matter is closed. If the president says there legal then they are. Job done.
And if someone wants to argue the fact that its unfair the rules have changed bare in mind all sorts of rules get changed everyday in every sport. If the governing body says there allowed then that's the end to the arguement. I'm sure Niall, Laurent etc have looked into the situation and made the call be it good or bad

Cheers

Ken

****..... I've just realised James was right......I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later!:D