Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye jersey v JT Flex 7

NeyZan

Dark lord of the Sith ;)
Jan 21, 2003
groups.msn.com
yes, indeed, you are right, but I don't know if this pad will be really bouncing... it's very thin...

but if one thing is sure, more bouncing than nothing indeed...

Pinky_81

Team Wikings
Mar 19, 2002
Denmark
Hey - If people have bought the Jerseys I don't feel very sorry for them, because they should have read the rules...
And they can stille use them - just not at most tournaments hehe
Just because it is Dye who made them, they don't necesarily need to be made tourney-legal!!

BTW - All the different arguments should not matter, simply because the rule has been there for a long time!!

Pinky

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
i think this debate is kinda useless...there is soooo0 much peops do to make balls bounce on them. just like wearing jerseys that are much larger then necessary and let them hang over the pack. or the baggy pants...i have seen someone got shot on the butt while running...the ball was caught by the pants and dropped without breaking.the parts on the dye-jerseys you are talking about are sooooooo thin. i dont think it makes pretty much padding.

NeyZan

Dark lord of the Sith ;)
Jan 21, 2003
groups.msn.com
yes i think the same,

the dye jersey pads are very very thin... I don't know if they are ver effective... but I think that No,

kidzero

ladies love kewl kid
Originally posted by NeyZan
:S

oh my god, and what about multiple elbow pads..., I think this is more cheating than a thin padding in the jersey..., but if you wear a dye or JT elbow pad, and over it a redz or something similar... this IS a great bouncing pad... not the ones in the dye jersey ...

it's only an opinion, but I don't know how it is going to be forbidden, tho pro, sponsored teams, aren't going to have any problem, new jerseys for every event, and dye will suply a new ones for them... but for the non sponsored teams how has paid for those jerseys... greater problem, you, don't think so?
i have talked to the new rules-commissioner of the millenium series( or whatever they call it) and i think he told me that multiple (elbow)pads will be banned, but i am not 100% sure about that

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
P8ntbllr99, you are not allowed to wear chest protectors in most tournmants, especially Millenium. I think the general rule is 1 t-shirt type layer and then a jersey... no more

I wore the Dye jerseys at the series event last month, and i think people are kicking up a lot of fuss over nothing. The 'padding' really isnt that thick at all and the extra posibility of getting a bounce on the padded sections is so slim. After getting eliminated in one game and getting up from my baricade to go to the dead box, i caught a couple of shots on these sections of my jersey and they did break. Matters like wearing 3 t-shirts or 2 pairs of elbow pads are intentional devices to encourage bounces and have been banned acordingly. The slight amount of padding on the sholder area along with the grippy dots help to hold the tank in place and not slip by just adding a bit of extra shape in the material

Now, have i not been paying attention, but have the millenium offically anounced that the new Dye jerseys are illegal? Has this rule been implemented into the Super 7? If not then how does this affect teams who want to cross over, surely there should be symetry?

I'm wating for rules that cover those [back] players out there who have a bit more 'natural padding' than most of us. Cos that encourages bounces no end :p