Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye m2 air leak

TrappStar

charlie trapp
Dec 19, 2012
London
7798EA9A-C684-41BB-B9AA-C88C0C96AF7E.jpeg 9AAB62D9-ACD4-4AF7-8CB5-E090EEFDF36C.jpeg hello, I hope someone can help me. I was playing with my m2 today and when I slid into cover the marker hit the ground slightly not dropped but there was contact. A few seconds after this the marker started leaking air from the handle area above the trigger. After some time trouble shooting all the basic Orings in the bolt it didn’t solve the problem. When taking the grips off and unscrewing the top of the trigger/grip plate.( I don’t know how to discribe it) there was a green oval shaped Oring that I think seals the air intake through the grip towards the bolt. This seems to be coming out of place very easy. Resulting in the massive air leak. I repositioned the oring to the correct place and it’s fine again. This happened 2 times today both times after sliding into cover and I’m wondering if anyone else has had this problem? Or if I’m best to send it to dye. Either way I’m trying to establish if it’s a fault of my m2 or a common issue. Regardless any advice would be amazing as it’s very inconvenient and I can’t afford it to keep happening in games lol.

Thanks. Any advice or suggestions appreciated :)

Charlie

TrappStar

charlie trapp
Dec 19, 2012
London
I've had one leak from the area between the top of the grip frame and the bottom of the body. There is a large oval shaped o-ring that seals the "macro-less" air passage from the grip frame to the body. The ONLY way to service it is to remove the frame.

Take the grips off and then grab your hex key and take out the rear frame bolt, and then the front (this one is captive). Gently separate the two parts and you'll the the o-ring. Make sure its resting in the proper position, give it a light coat of lube, and re-assemble. The key here is not NOT disturb the o-ring while you're reattaching the grip frame.

Start my lightly tightening the front bolt, then lightly tighten the back. Once the frame is back on the body and perfectly centered torque the two down completely & evenly. You want a perfect seal!

That I believe should take care of your issue.

This is what I done but maybe I didn’t perfectly place it back so any disturbance to the marker it comes back out of place.