Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

DYE Rotor Loader

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Does anyone have a link to a report or video actually explaining how the mechanism works.

I've watched the techpb one (now on youtube, fact fans) and seen how its put together, ive seen it spinning, but (noob that I am) cant seem to figure out how the red part moving against the flow of the paint helps?

Any tech / engineers care to explain, as its looks interesting.

One genius feature I saw was the tab that gets pressed to cut the motor when the stack is full/tensioned. very cool.

JamesJDdavis

Jul 12, 2008
Think I'll stick with my Magna thanks, looks like a very innovative drive system, however I still think the magna offers the optimum profile for keeping your hopper as tight in your bunker as possible, plus with the RF link it feeds more consistent than any hopper I've used, and it holds 220paintballs, so for me Magna>Rotor everytime.

A-Dawg

London Tigers 2
Jan 27, 2008
Think I'll stick with my Magna thanks, looks like a very innovative drive system, however I still think the magna offers the optimum profile for keeping your hopper as tight in your bunker as possible, plus with the RF link it feeds more consistent than any hopper I've used, and it holds 220paintballs, so for me Magna>Rotor everytime.
Have you used a Rotor?

robof9

awkward
Feb 20, 2005
East Coast
www.p8ntballer-forums.com
Does anyone have a link to a report or video actually explaining how the mechanism works.

I've watched the techpb one (now on youtube, fact fans) and seen how its put together, ive seen it spinning, but (noob that I am) cant seem to figure out how the red part moving against the flow of the paint helps?

Any tech / engineers care to explain, as its looks interesting.

One genius feature I saw was the tab that gets pressed to cut the motor when the stack is full/tensioned. very cool.

as far as i can tell, the counter spinning red part actually scoops the balls into the feed neck. i may be wrong

Rather than a stationary raceway, the cone and raceway move against eachother.

So the cone needs only to move half the speed to acheive the same feed rate. A half speed cone will produce less pop corning.

The paint that has fallen through the cone isnt going to get out again. Which is nice.

The exit for the paint is right in the center of the cone. Rather than having a spout on the front or back.
Which must be good for balance.

Finally and most importantly, they appear to have negotiated the hopper patent minefield and come through with something innovative and different.

Paintball hoppers are the area with the most intellectual property sillyness of all.

House

Sep 1, 2007
Sevenoaks
These hoppers are absolutely brilliant, the idea is simple and yet revolutionary.

Dye have really pulled it out the bag. Light, Small, 205 capacity, 25+ boxes of paint from one set of 3 AA batteries and a speed feed to follow.

This is really gonna be fantastic.:D