Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye Rotor - White Camo

Leezo

Official Planet Eclipse Tech
Aug 21, 2007
Leadgate
I bought a white camo rotor off here a couple of weeks ago and it came with gold pen on it where the previous owner had coloured different bits in which I didnt think would be too hard to remove until today when I decided to clean it up.
I used our lasses nail polish remover which initially started to work slightly but what I hadnt realised is I was also taking the camo bit off aswell, if I am to clean this rotor up I am gonna have to completely remove the camo part which I dont mind cos I would prefer just a white rotor :)

What I am wondering is what would be the best stuff to use to get the camo bit off?

hello_moto

Feb 7, 2010
Birmingham
If the nail varnish remover is working an alcohol based substance is best. Something like body spray or aftershave.
that's just wrong.

Nail varnish remover is not an alcohol, it is a ketone. Moreover, the percentage and concentration of alcohol which forms a constituent of body spray/aftershave is nowhere near enough to perform the job that you're describing. The only thing you will succeed in doing is making your rotor smell like Lynx/Old Spice etc.

Nail varnish remover is a good choice as it's basically acetone diluted in water amongst other things. If you want to go down the alcohol route, get some surgical spirits/rubbing alcohol (isopropyl alcohol) from Boots and that will get rid of the gold coloration. Acetone is going to be harsher on the plastic in comparison to the isopropyl alcohol.

Reactions: Havard407

automag

Jan 14, 2008
When we used to use acetone it would chew plastic for lunch, in basic terms it would melt the plastic, when you rub against the plastic with a cloth it will create ridges. Never use acetone/ nail varnish on plastic its ok on glass. (as we found out we cleaned what we thought was a glass window but it was plastic and gave it an opaque scratched effect:whistle:)

On plastic, use IPA, (Isopropyl alcohol) or IMS industrial methylated spirit as hello moto says.

they used to use IPA to clean tape heads.

Reactions: hello_moto

Evil Rich

Platinum Member Lifetime PMGWC #101
May 22, 2008
Northumberland
If you want to remove all the paint, try Nitromors. Be careful though it's pretty strong stuff!,

Try a small bit first, say the feed neck to make sure it doesn't damage the plastic