Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Dye Shirts & The Millennium Series

NIALL

Jul 9, 2001
Visit site
Rule Clarification.

The Millennium Series HAS NOT banned Dye Jerseys.

We have always worked closely with the NPPL on the development of the rules.
When a new rule appeared this year Stateside regarding excessive padding, we accepted the rule into the Millennium Rulebook.

Members of the Millennium Board were at Huntington Beach, where Dye shirts were being worn. It was unanimously decided that Dye Shirts are not excessively padded and will be acceptable at Millennium Events this year.

NIALL

DVV

Jan 22, 2003
Sweden
Visit site
Dont know what to say....
Just dont like it at all.

edit/
Question, when the next brand makes a "padded" Jearsey must the mill board members study that one too if they are "not excessively padded" and so on... they will have alot of work to do soon.... Why not just stick with the rule.
Im a bit suprised. Maybe after some more explaning why... ill change my mind...

First Timer

Dec 5, 2002
Visit site
What?

Seems a bit strange that the rule has suddenly been changed. What I would like to know is why the sudden change of heart?
I mean padding is padding no matter how little. So if I wear my DYE top can I still wear DYE elbow pads? Cos in effect that is 2 layers of padding.

Or is there another reason for this change of heart?

CASTEL

Aug 18, 2001
france
Visit site
it's the same thing with nations x ball , team strange (really good team!!) , will play as a team and not as a mix of the 3 better ranked us teams.
i'm not sure enough us team will come to compete for the millenium title this year and a nation cup without the us is not a nation cup.
but it could be great to allowed the same rules to states like switzerland or other nations entering the millenium with few teams.

Mason

Cookie Monster
Originally posted by NIALL
Rule Clarification.

The Millennium Series HAS NOT banned Dye Jerseys.

We have always worked closely with the NPPL on the development of the rules.
When a new rule appeared this year Stateside regarding excessive padding, we accepted the rule into the Millennium Rulebook.

Members of the Millennium Board were at Huntington Beach, where Dye shirts were being worn. It was unanimously decided that Dye Shirts are not excessively padded and will be acceptable at Millennium Events this year.

NIALL
So does this mean that I can cover my body in bubble-wrap, as long as it is not 'excessive'?

Sorry to play Devil's Advocate, but is there a line being drawn, and if so, where?:confused:

Stefu

I'm disappointed with the decision. It would have been so easy to disallow any unnecessary padding. People will use every little advantage possible. I believe others will follow soon, with little padding added here and there..:rolleyes:

-Stefan-

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Can we get some clarification on what 'is and is not' excessive padding?

I need to start designing next years shirts... ;) :D

/me goes to get a spare duvet...

I'm also dissapointned by the decision, I think it's a weak decision to allow it. Padding should not be allowed in playing jerseys. It's only there to help avoid breaks and look cool...

If players are going to have padding for safety it should be implement as such and in the relevant areas.

If it's 'not excessive' then does this mean the padding is not doing the number one intention of safety implementation? If so then it shouldn't be allowed.

If it is doing the safety thing then it should only be allowed where there is a legitimate risk. Fronts of shoulders are not a legitimate location (coming from some one who stopped playing serious rugby due to shoulder dislocations and had to wear a shoulder support for years).

Previously padding has ONLY been allowed for safety issues and that ought to continue. It wasn't allowed on hoppers (only there to look good and get bounces) it was allowed on tanks (to avoid tank damage... and then secondly to look good.) The looking good part is second to the intention and use of the padding and should not be the deciding factor in it's use

Oh and I'm allowed to wear two jersey's right? Am I allowed one Dye 2003 on top of another? Or does that then become excessive? If one jersey is legal why wouldn't two be?

If two are legal then surely I could have that same amount of padding in just one jersey and it's not excessive... oh but then we get back to the 'if wearing one jersey is legal, is two?...'

You need to set a solid standard that can be assessed. I don't see how you can assess 'excessive' very easily and between different manufacturers, so in my opinion you shouldn't allow it at all.