Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

E-Blade or Angel

hellraisers

Jan 8, 2004
Colchester England
Visit site
Help, need advice.
I have been playing paintball for 6 months and done my first tourney. I have an Automag with air and found it wasnt up to the pace of the other markers outhere, so I have £600 to spend on a marker and i cannot decide which is best E-blade cocker or Angel, I have used the Angel IR3 and an Eclipse E-blade Cocker I found them both fantastic, I currently play at the front middle and back as im so new to the sport. Can somebody give me an Unbiased opinion as in the more experiance people i will trust

L J

big big titties
Eblades:

excellent reliability, they have a vision eye which means it detects paint and if no paint is in the breach it wont allow it to fire (no chopping). lots of different modes of fire, magentic trigger pull/return, so you could have areally easy trigger pull. its an electro cocker, so you get the accuracy and lovelyness of a cocker with speed. however, if they do break, then they can be an arse to fix, most of the time its simple though

IR3:well its quick, and instead of a vision eye, it uses something called COPS which is meant to act like vision, but the best team in the world which have used them , like to call it CHOPS;).i have known many people who have bought angels to have them constantly need servicing etc, however some people buy them and they rock.

personally i would take the eblade, they look much nicer, you can actually see something moving on it, and (here is the controversial bit) they are more accurate:);):p
:D

my2p

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
If you've enjoyed the simplicity and quality of the mag, you have to get an angel lcd or ir3. I have lcd's with angel air's from £500, serviced and ready to use.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Yes, it really is a case of 'Daddy or Chips' - I swap from one to another at an alarming rate!!

Both are awesome markers and what's more British made :) (for the most part with the eblade anyway ;) )

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Each to his own eh, Jose.

Angel = easy
Cocker = complicated

Angel = no adjustments to make
Cocker = plenty to fiddle with

Angel = no need to upgrade
Cocker = constant upgrades

Red_Merkin

IMHO
Jul 9, 2001
Montreal
e-blade.

Everyone i know with an angel (at least the new ones) is a complete blender, pure paint soup.

Spend the money on an E-blade. At least if you don't like it you can sell it for somewhere near where you bought it from.

Pros and cons
Angel:
Pros
Looks nice
Good customer service

Cons
inaccurate, (relative to an eblade)
Slower
No Anti Chop eye. (cops is crap)
Low Resale value

E-blade
Pros,
Look very nice
Good Friendly Customer service
Accurate
Fast
Anti Chop eye that actually works

Cons
Trigger bounce (if set up incorrectly)
Not good for tinkerers

PunterHunter

I bite your bum!
Dec 14, 2003
Brentwood, Essex
www.uk-redskins.com
Which Gun?

I agree it's all down to personal comfort and preference..

I was brought up on a Sniper II so I guess I'm a little biased, but until this Xmas (for past 18 months) I was using an Angel - nice gun and as it was second hand and had been tweaked and well looked after - I never even had to adjust the velocity it was consistent and rarely would it break a ball.

As a special treat to me I bought an Evolution with a RaceGun grip this Xmas and so far this year it's been outstanding in terms of accuracy and speed - it keeps up with the IR3's and LCD's easy - although against the new A4 it does seem to loose the edge on speed - but still beats them hands down on accuracy!

I guess it's like the comment above do you want easy to use and maintain, or do you want something that can grow with you?

And our survey said...

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
In a nutshell, both guns are at the top of the chain, cocker for accuracy and angel for reliability.
At the moment cockers seem to be "in vogue", so they are the emotive choice, but you must choose which marker pushes your buttons.

storm1192

MUGGING GRANNIES
I would exchange my hard earned on the E blade( or even a trix :D ). The eyes work on the blade and the accuracy is for superior. All i hear about angels is a load of bad coments. Allthough i used a Speed the other week and i thought it was very nice but the E blade is far better in my opinion :)