Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

E-Blade or Angel

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Definitely the chicken before the egg, as an egg can only be created by the chicken. Now dna and the chicken is another story.

Tom Allen

TFP
Jul 4, 2003
Cardiff
Originally posted by Tom Allen
In a nutshell, both guns are at the top of the chain, cocker for accuracy and angel for reliability.
At the moment cockers seem to be "in vogue", so they are the emotive choice, but you must choose which marker pushes your buttons.
Going back to this post i put up earlier, pick the one you like the look of, and feels good to you..........As simple as that.

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
Originally posted by Benfrain
I'm sorry, but that is utter bobbins! You seriously expect me to swallow that - it's utter nonsense!! Has this been proven anywhere? Is there any evidence to substantiate this or is it merely your theories. Sorry to sound rude but it just seems so totally absurd.

Please, how can the ball have a 'wobble' when travelling up the barrel if the ball/barrel fit is good??
It's been tested by Tom Kaye and has been proven to be complete, as you say, bobbins.

High speed photography shows NO DIFFERENCE in the shape or movement of a paintball when fired from an open or closed bolt marker. End of story.

ALL markers fire the ball at rest, regardless of open/closed bolt action - that just determines where the bolt is at the START of the cycle - both are in the same place when firing.

The only things that impact accuracy are ball to barrel fit, consistency of air supply (for shot on shot accuracy) and stability of the firing platform.

Clamp a cocker and an Angel in a vice and feed them air at the same volume and rate and given the same barrel and same paintball they will have IDENTICAL accuracy.

Skeet

Platinum Member
Had a look at those...intersting stuff....I will add at this point that my comments are only my reasonings about what I have heard, and why that might or might not be the case...im not saying that a Cocker IS more accurate than an Angel..merely musing over the possible reasons why it could be...
I think, having thought about it...reminded me that the issue with Angels was that they were less accurate during rapid fire...which does open up possibilities, what with drop off, slowere recharging regs, kisck, muzzle flip etc...

T

Tommy Gun-Nexus

Originally posted by Mak D - Nexus Eclipse

Bak in the D, when I started my first marker was a Dark Angel from then I went onto get a Speed.........now I think (as most people will know) that Angels are cracking markers! Untill that one dark day in the Forest of Nottingham when a desperate, poor Speed not working Mak Daddy found himself in a T-Bag in the Nexus trials with an Angel that just would hit any1 (no smart jokes please :p ).
So low and behold as I am fighting to keep myself tight as possible and away from incoming enemy fire, tryin to attract as much paint as possible away from my commrades who are fighting with their lives to keep me in the game.....

But all was not lost....... out of the darkness to the corner of my eye I spot a strong warrior fighting his way towards me.... fearless and brave as he cuts through the lines of paint.... his armour was shining as he slides in next to me not even out of breathe from the rath of battle......... Alrite alrite it wasnt a warrior it was our very own in house P.I to the muthafckin M.P.... Ma homeboy Tommy G.
He passed me his Nexus cocker and as I struggled to understand what he was saying to me in that funny English accent I translated it into '' Mak D laddie.... use this here marker.... without fear or doubt.... to go forth into the shadows'' Oh alrite he never said that he just said 'shoot them with this dude''

Lol! Awesome dawg :D :D :D

I remember it clearly, specially since you mowed fools with it. Thas why I took it back so quick :p ;) Big Pimpin' baby :cool:

Anyway, let me chuck this into the mix...

TG's Theory: I believe that having the ball starting in the barrel of a closed bolt marker (such as a cocker) is a great advantage for accuracy. With all open bolt markers, after impact the ball has to travel from a wide bore breach into a smaller bore barrel. This change can still leave some sideways momentum on the ball resulting in curvature in its trajectory once it leaves the barrell. This may not be detectable at short to mid ranges but at further distances it can be quite noticeable.

BOOM!!!

P.S Damn theres some long words in there!!

P.P.S All theory's are exactly that :p ;) Dont ask for proof :p