Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

e-flex and proflex

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Love my E-Flex but I've been having fogging issues the last few times. First weekend I used them they were perfect, however the last three times (yesterday and today especially) they've been a nightmare. Condensation on the outside of the internal lens. If I'm moving about enough, it's not been too much of an issue, but a couple of minutes anywhere and it's almost impossible to see.

First time was at a site in Edinburgh, no issues, second, third and fourth times have been at my local site and it's been almost nothing but problems. There's a lot of moisture on the ground just now, I know that this is going to be a factor, but there's no way that I can avoid it. Especially with the weather we're having just now.

I've tried with headbands/wraps, without, foam gets dried between every single game, none of it is helping. Now I'm considering clipping out some of bars in the vents at the top. I don't want to, and to be honest I don't think I should have to on a £95 mask. Solutions on Facebook seem to centre around venting. It's looking like the only option.

Anybody else having issues, or have any suggestions for this one? I'm struggling to come up with a non-destructive solution.

Last edited:

Tam Rankin

#29 PlumLife - Edinburgh
Sep 4, 2012
Edinburgh
@hoot mines does fog up from time to time but nothing to serious i just put fogdoc on the inside and fixes it right out. It doesn't matter what goggles you get there will always be fogging but the thermal lenses does deal with it better.

Last edited:
Reactions: phil-boy

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Was hoping to not have to antifog my thermal lens. No issues with my i3s or i4s, but the E-Flex situation is bordering on ridiculous. There's essentially liquid running down the inside of the mask. I've got the straps tight, tried it sitting lower on my face, pinching my nose, higher up with the gasket in the way.

I'd say this is definitely more serious fogging than what you're describing. In game, I'm having to pull my mask slightly away from my face, wipe it with some tissue while holding my breath and then getting it back into place.

There were next to no issues the first day I played and that site was wet. Different terrain, (more mud, less pine needles than my home site). I can't figure out what's changed, beyond the terrain.

Tam Rankin

#29 PlumLife - Edinburgh
Sep 4, 2012
Edinburgh
Wow i didnt realise you where haven that much trouble bud maybe there faulty. Have you tried contacting the shop you got them from to see if they can do an exchange?

Dave284

Platinum Member
Jan 4, 2008
Was hoping to not have to antifog my thermal lens. No issues with my i3s or i4s, but the E-Flex situation is bordering on ridiculous. There's essentially liquid running down the inside of the mask. I've got the straps tight, tried it sitting lower on my face, pinching my nose, higher up with the gasket in the way.

I'd say this is definitely more serious fogging than what you're describing. In game, I'm having to pull my mask slightly away from my face, wipe it with some tissue while holding my breath and then getting it back into place.

There were next to no issues the first day I played and that site was wet. Different terrain, (more mud, less pine needles than my home site). I can't figure out what's changed, beyond the terrain.
Take your lense out, look around the lense to serif there's any cracks or gaps between the two. Sounds like your lense is nackered. I used events for a year and never had any fogging issues. Ever. It's either your lense is split (between the two layers) or you dunked it in water

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Take your lense out, look around the lense to serif there's any cracks or gaps between the two. Sounds like your lense is nackered. I used events for a year and never had any fogging issues. Ever. It's either your lense is split (between the two layers) or you dunked it in water
There's no problem with the thermal lense, the issue is liquid condensation on the outer surface of the inner lense, not between the two lenses. If it were between the lenses I couldn't wipe it dry during games.

It's possible that the conditions are playing a bigger role than I thought. Still frustrating though :(