Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Early cockers, why were they all ****?

QuikSilver

I think that Bud tried to make it as fast as he could so he could out it on the market asap.

Things like, the ****ty 3 ways, the un ball detented bodies, the un cut block, the "craptastic trigger pull" as an old friend called it, the million pound body, and the continuous leaks and RETIMING.

Wookie

Grumpy Sys*****
Not really...

I've got a 95 minicocker (number 806) and it's a really sorted piece of kit.

But then it did get sent to Belsales and the only original part is the body. And even that's been modified.

Ok, I see your point. However, remember that back then they didn't have quite the level of technology that we do now in things like CNC machining, so they had to do things the old fashioned way. Also, it was still quite a new marker and the modern ones have had time to become more refined.

That said, they are still rocking markers!

Wookie

KillerOnion

Lord of the Ringtones
Possibly a reason that they were so massive and clunky is that at the time I don't think speedball was as essential as part of paintball at the time, so it didn't particularly matter as much to have a light, fast handling gun as much as it does today where everyone's scrambling to mill off that extra ounce or two to get the swiftest pointing gun possible.