Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Eastern European Domination

Sherman

Dec 2, 2003
Visit site
Clean sweep by Moscow teams in Campaign Cup. Winners CPL and div 1, runners up SPL. Moscow is Europe's SoCal. The balance of power has shifted to the east, look at top 4 CPL teams. How did this happen? Is it money, motivation or what?

Robbo

Owner of this website
Jul 5, 2001
London
www.p8ntballer.com
Clean sweep by Moscow teams in Campaign Cup. Winners CPL and div 1, runners up SPL. Moscow is Europe's SoCal. The balance of power has shifted to the east, look at top 4 CPL teams. How did this happen? Is it money, motivation or what?
Those guys are benefiting from a training template handed down to them from Sergey Leontiev, owner of the Russian Legion.

From them on, it's talent and dedication ..... And that's why they bashed everybody up......

As an aside, over the past few years, I have seen very little paintball, I doubt I have seen more than 45 minutes of actual game time.
I was basically disenchanted with top end paintball after the way I felt it was going and the game I saw over the weekend as exemplified by the CPL guys hadn't really changed that much.

However, there was one remarkable exception to the array of skills on show and that was the skill of gun-running, the ability to run as though your balls were ablaze at the same time as shooting at your opponents.

This seemed to be a significant determinant in how a lot of the games unfolded (In the CPL) and it was surely no accident the teams most skilled at this ended up battling it out in the final, the Russian teams in this case.

If you cast your minds back about 5 years, then it was the skill of snap-shooting that predominated but there has been a subtle shift in the power base of gun-running and the top end teams ignore it at their peril.

I will add one thing though, this is the most difficult of all paintball skills to master and if your coach has no idea how to reduce this into its component form before its reconstitution whilst training, you ain't gonna have much chance of getting your ass up onto the winner's rostrum .... not a chance.