Planet Eclipse Manic Paintball G.I Milsim Tipmann BZ Paintball DYE Paintball Valken Paintball

Egg fried rice

Discussion in 'Gold Board' started by Dskize, Nov 20, 2007.

1. Dskize bigmutharvatar

Dskize
    Message Count:
    So I end up making dinner and the other half requests Chicken fried rice

My patented recipe involves

Boil rice in salt and a chicken stock cube

Whilst doing so ,brown chicken in oil,soy sauce and sliced spring oinion and garlic.
    Break two eggs in a wok and fry untill almost set ,mix in rice and previously browned chicken mixture.

Problem being ,that off the cuff fried rice means you dont have the oppertunity to refrigerate the rice ,so I stick it in the oven at a high temperature and steam out the remaining water so as not to end up with egg rice smash..

However ,there must be a shortcut to that £3.50 flavour ,I dont currently have any Oyster sauce but im open to suggestion?

Any reccomendations would be appreciated.

2. Bon Timmy Nerd

Bon
    Message Count:
    Order in :D

3. Dskize bigmutharvatar

Dskize
    Message Count:
    Pah..cant show a real woman some love with someone else menu sonny...

4. TheRenton P8nt'in Yo Face Since 03

TheRenton
    Message Count:
    frozen egg fried rice, you just wok cook it, its fab!

5. Bedlam Gone crazy, back soon...

Bedlam
    Message Count:
    I've only ever done it the long way round. Cook the rice off (leave to steam for 5 minutes with the heat off) and then fridge it when cool......its always worked for me......I have generally found there is no quick way to prepare for stir fry....it always takes way longer than cooking it

Sorry:eek:
    :cool:

6. NitroBall Volatile

NitroBall
    Message Count:
    Bedlam is right, you cant rush cooking fried rice.

When you cook the rice, make sure you dont add too much water to make it soggy'ish, as when you come to stir fry it with egg, you can add a very small amount of water to keep rice moist. But yeah, leave boiled rice to cool off first, or you will be stir frying rice paste:)

7. Rider scottishwarriors.co.uk

Rider
    Message Count:
    easy answer - do chicken chow mein instead.....noodles are much more forgiving!!

8. rayko WTD UK: BNIB Dream...

rayko
    Message Count:
    The chinese way to cook boiled rice is to boil it - 1 part rice to 2 parts water... then leave it to simmer off for about 20-30 mins until all the water has been steamed off. This will leave you with nice fluffy rice kernals.

Then you can refrigerate the rice after wards then reheat it in a Microwave oven instead of the oven.

Pour in a couple teaspoons of cold water into the rice and cover with clingfilm, then nuke for 2-3 minutes (depends on wattage) until it is hotter than the sun to kill off any germs.

9. topchef 'Hotgun Al'

topchef
    Message Count:
    If you dont have oyster sauce then substitute with soy sauce, hoi sin or even chinese five spice.

The rice factor is unavoidable when doing a stir fry if you want it to be of a good consistencey. If your not carefull you'll end up with a rissotto using wet rice:D

Personally, I marinade my chicken first in something nice and spicy like cajun or paprika and drop in a few chilli's when frying (singapore style;)). If you got any prawns lying around then they always go down a treat aswell.

As with all stir frys,its only ever gonna be as good as the ingredients you use so choose em well;)

The simple way (and best IMO) is as follows:

Cook rice untill fluffy, rinse and refrigerate
    Heat up some nut oil in wok and add two beaten eggs
    Add rice and stir into egg (add few xtra drops of oil aswell;))
    Add in some peas chicken strips and a few coldwater prawns
    add some chopped up sping onion/Garlic/ & chilli (optional) Make sure all is chopped nice and fine.
    Stir well
    Add some oyster sauce/soy sauce/hoi sin/fish sauce
    Season and stir

Serve

Works for me:)

10. Dskize bigmutharvatar

Dskize
    Message Count:
    So... refrigeration time ? Overnight ?