Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

egg looks

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
ok i think i will go with the polycarbonate as tom stated.
no chance you can tell me how you did it:eek:

Lucky

Platinum Member
Sep 1, 2004
rochester, UK
yeah, youll need to put a layer of primer down first, then once thats fully dry, your main coat, then the varnish after that. Make sure you let it all fully dry, otherwise itl start to flake after a little while
All Wrong! (ish);)
To paint a hopper properly it needs to be done from the inside in which case you need to spray the final coat first and then work backwards to the undercoat and then seal it off with lacquer. This is the only way that it's guaranteed to last. This only works tho if your using clear shells, if you have coloured shells then spray from the outside but ignore the primer coat and just go straight on with the main coat. That may sound weird but to do it right you need to use the correct paint, car paint will look great for 2 minutes and then flake off and you've just wrecked your hopper.
The paint that you need is Polycarbonate Paint for lexan remote control car bodies. It's available at any good remote control model shop and available in spray or brush format.
This paint literally eats itself into the surface of your hopper and will flex as you bash your hopper about so it will stay on the surface as you intended it to. Car paint will just flake off and look rubbish.
Simple metalflake clear coat backed over with a candy blue but done from the inside.PICT4299.jpg done 2 years ago but still looks the same today despite being bashed around in my kitbag

MJ

IM AGG...my mom says
Oct 24, 2007
Tamworth
polycarbonate ftw...use duck tape or masking tape to make chequered effect only problem is because it is clear you wont be able to get the effect spangley did unless you masking tape each individual square after first spray if you understand what i mean lol good luck with this anyway post up what you have done good or bad ! :D

Ali

gunnin down fools in style
Jun 23, 2007
huddersfield
lol
thanks for the advise.
i cant do it just yet as im on holiday:D
and i've got a concussion too. so i cant think properly either until its gone:mad: