Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Egg vs Halo B

Beaker

Hello again
Jul 9, 2001
Wherever I may roam
imlr.org
(If I remember correctly) BE only took over Viewloader a few years ago, the VL200, 2000, 3000, shredder, 9v & 12v were all Viewloader inventions and nothing to do with BE :)

Since BE took over, they changed the default neck size (twice) which is why we now have hoppers that don't fit some feednecks plus there are widely regarded as having somewhat "less sturdy" shells.

BE make cheap expendable products that are built for the mass market (Walmart et al) where quality isn't as big an issue as price, simple as that. Pay more and you'll get more, like a HALO :)

paintballer ron

dude, sup
Oct 20, 2002
Central Louisiana, USA
Visit site
low filter huh?

Originally posted by Zwitta
You'll never outshoot your Egg with an e-blade set on eye mode, because it will only fire as fast as the hopper is feeding. I slapped an egg on my orracle and there was a noticable drop in cycle rate during strings. As soon as I put my halo back on, everything was back to normal.

Just thought I'd point that out.

Zwit

Hey Zwitta, what are your trigger filters set on your E-Blade? I have two E-Blades and my Black Magic E-Blade's filters are both set to 5 milliseconds, on my Orracle the trigger pull time is set to 10 MS and the trigger release is 4ms.

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
halo's kick ass!

i was playing last w/end and my halo fed consistently every time (filmed all the games and have timed me shooting around 20bps off the break...emptied my hopper in 6-7 seconds) no egg would keep up with that... halo's are the way to go ;)
Robin

Dark Warrior

www.paintballscene.co.uk
Nov 28, 2002
www.paintballscene.co.uk
I've yet to see in any post where it says the Egg II is faster than the Halo. There is no doubt that the Halo is the fastest hopper out there, but that alone does not justify it's purchase. So what if you emptied your hopper in x seconds off the break, means sod all if you didn't hit any one.
its a basic equation
speed & looks v cost & capacity
in every other aspect they are roughly the same.

Zwitta

Bunker Monkey
Jan 22, 2003
Manchester, UK
www.teamrdx.co.uk
Paintballer Ron

My settings are at factory fast, but the magnetic trigger return is set very very lightly, with about a 1mm pull with a definate release point. I'm even faster on one of my Team mates Impy's with an Iframe, and faster still on another of my teammates IR3's now he has tweaked his trigger.

I play tourny so I like to keep the trigger filters at a decent level so as to avoid the risk of bouncing. I assure you, and you can ask all of the RDX lads that have seen me work my trigger properly, that the speed I shoot at is not bounce, its all pulls. I'll get a video of me emptying some HALO's and post em.

Zwitta

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
Paintballer Ron

Originally posted by Zwitta
My settings are at factory fast, but the magnetic trigger return is set very very lightly, with about a 1mm pull with a definate release point. I'm even faster on one of my Team mates Impy's with an Iframe, and faster still on another of my teammates IR3's now he has tweaked his trigger.

I play tourny so I like to keep the trigger filters at a decent level so as to avoid the risk of bouncing. I assure you, and you can ask all of the RDX lads that have seen me work my trigger properly, that the speed I shoot at is not bounce, its all pulls. I'll get a video of me emptying some HALO's and post em.

Zwitta
damn this guys fingers are fast!....the ladys must love him!

seriously tho ive never seen anyone fire so fast, he makes my rip!:)

Robinator

Yeti Balling
May 2, 2002
High Wycombe
www.dyeprecision.com
Originally posted by Dark Warrior
I've yet to see in any post where it says the Egg II is faster than the Halo. There is no doubt that the Halo is the fastest hopper out there, but that alone does not justify it's purchase. So what if you emptied your hopper in x seconds off the break, means sod all if you didn't hit any one.
its a basic equation
speed & looks v cost & capacity
in every other aspect they are roughly the same.
shot two off the break in that game and anyway it isn't just about shooting players off the brake it's about stopping them from going to where thywant to go...if they still try and make their primary thay are likely to get shot.... so in fact it makes a big difference how fast you can shoot and what the hell has accuracy got to do with how fast a loader can feed...
Robin