Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

eggs VS reloader B

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
have halo, reloader and egg in the old kit bag.

egg is a great backup, though the reloader has never let me down even in sub zero temps. Reloader is fast as you will ever need, and so is the halo. halo i haven't had much chance to use yet but lent it to a team mate on friday night and he had no complaints at all.

Vlocity is apparently a great loader but tbh I don't like the look of em.

rip drive can be very handy indeed.

I don't think i will ever get rid of the egg. it is worth more to me as a spare fast loader than the 20 or 25 quid people will offer for it.......

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
stock you get 3 speed options with the reloader which is better
plus no eyes to go crappy

ive used a halo before getting reloaders and it used to jam a lot and broke the drive cones more than once...

NorthIrish

Apr 30, 2005
Bristol
Visit site
I'm hugely happy with my egg thanks, never let me down, see too many ppl stripping halo, reloaders down between games to not want one. Get some of the new strengthened shells, crimp the battery terminals to reduce the pressure on the lid catches and don't dive on it when sliding into barricades.

I know a fairly well respected p/baller who says the reloader (not the reloader b) to be a hugely underrated hopper tho. I guess its horses for courses. I've run a retromag with a revvi and loved it, another guy on our team still uses a revvi on his Race. Its light, slim, holds 200 balls and does its job.

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
I love my Vlocity, the battery life is determined by howmuch pressure you put on the stack, I normally run mine on 1 or 2 (very low) and that is easily enough to keep up with my Ego, and since my last battery (2x 9v) I have got through 8 boxes and I expect to get to about 12-14 before I need to change them. And I now use my reloader b as a back up hopper

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
owned a few
Reloader>egg>(few in the middle including X revvy, re load hopper>revvy
I also owned a Halo but that doesn't count 'cause it never worked on my Angel for some reason.
Used the reloader for the first time yesterday, it absolutely flew
not having eyes helped soooo oooo oooo much it was great
fast and consistent

egg is the most consistent and reliable of all of them I've used
reloader is a hella lot faster tho

and tbh I'm not gonna buy a V-locity because the Masters and Millenniums are capped at 15, I don't need an even faster loader 'cause my reloader copes fine

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Rosie said:
only bone I have to pick is that eggs will fire right down to the last few balls whereas reloaders will only fire to the last 20 or so and then stop because it loses the tension on the spring

and before some clever dicky says well you should pot up before you reach the last 20, but if those 20 are your last balls and you have to ripdrive them in it's a little annoying
ive never seen that occur and we have about 8 or more reloaders on our team
soudns like your spring is old and you might need a new one or make sure its set up correctly (this is assuming you bought 2nd hand)

Rosie

Aug 30, 2002
Nottingham
Lovetone said:
ive never seen that occur and we have about 8 or more reloaders on our team
soudns like your spring is old and you might need a new one or make sure its set up correctly (this is assuming you bought 2nd hand)
Yeah I did buy 2nd hand
I thought they all did that sorry, :eek:
I withdraw that comment, proper, working reloaders are great and, like, amazingly fantastic

I will buy a spring then :D

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
The speed of the loader is not the only thing to consider. For example my Vlocity gives a much nicer weight distribution on my ego than my reloader. And is also lighten than my reloader. Plus you get the added flexiblity of having a 200 capacity loader as opposed to 160 of a reloader/halo. People will get used to the look of them, halo/reloaders looked really weird when they were first released