Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

eggs VS reloader B

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
dont quote me on that, best to just check its properly installed in the drive cone bit. seems a bit wierd to me though as ive never seen that happen and wouldnt consider it "normal" operation.

i have heard of the springs becoming weaker over time though, especially people who might have left their loaders with paint stored in (and hence spring fully "primed" ) for extended periods...

anyone else comment on this?

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
john251282 said:
The speed of the loader is not the only thing to consider. For example my Vlocity gives a much nicer weight distribution on my ego than my reloader. And is also lighten than my reloader. Plus you get the added flexiblity of having a 200 capacity loader as opposed to 160 of a reloader/halo. People will get used to the look of them, halo/reloaders looked really weird when they were first released
good points there but again i believe these added capacity of the VL series of hoppers to be a bit of a moot point, seeing as thats only off the break. Once your at your primary for example youd probably pot up soon after regardless.
also if its holding more balls off the break it may be the same weight or even heavier than a reloader, negating the lighter design of the loader.

end of the day its personal preference, however id take ANYTHING over an egg (halo / reloader / VLcity)

john251282

Platinum Member
Oct 4, 2005
Bristol
www.google.co.uk
Lovetone said:
good points there but again i believe these added capacity of the VL series of hoppers to be a bit of a moot point, seeing as thats only off the break. Once your at your primary for example youd probably pot up soon after regardless.
also if its holding more balls off the break it may be the same weight or even heavier than a reloader, negating the lighter design of the loader.

end of the day its personal preference, however id take ANYTHING over an egg (halo / reloader / VLcity)
Absolutely agree, it is down to preference if you can try and try them all out before you buy to see which suits you and your gun best.

As for the weight thing from the couple of quick tests I have down I have found the reloader when full to be heavier than a full Vlocity. I don't know if XSV had anything to do with it(given they are VL and PE sponsored) but they suit each other perfectly in my experience.

Lovetone said:
dont quote me on that, best to just check its properly installed in the drive cone bit. seems a bit wierd to me though as ive never seen that happen and wouldnt consider it "normal" operation.

i have heard of the springs becoming weaker over time though, especially people who might have left their loaders with paint stored in (and hence spring fully "primed" ) for extended periods...

anyone else comment on this?

Sounds unlikely. The spring in the halo could lose half its tension and it still woudlnt have problems feeding.

Seems to me like the reloader is underfeeding.

Because the reloader relies on sound to move the paddles:
no ball = gun wont fire = no sound = no movement of paddles = still no ball = gun wont fire = no sound....

Any sound activated board should really be used with 'delayed' eye logic. So if there is no ball there and the eye logic times out, the gun will fire a dry shot which causes the reloader to start up again, breaking the cycle.

I would guess the reason this is happening to Rosie when there is only a few balls in the hopper, is because the drive cone will not always be full so you will get less balls fed for a given rotation of the drivecone.

One solution is to turn up the speed setting on the reloader, this will definately stop the underfeeding but will put more force on the paint.

Paul_Mardon

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2004
Uk , Wales , Cardiff
I had a Z Boarded egg with a nexus motor and modded paddle , kept up with my halo with ease , didnt like the size of it , and the battery door kept breaking and the lid , now i've had a halo for a while allways worked fine untill u get abit of paint on the eye , or the eye comes lose then its a pain , now i have bought a reloader B not tried it yet but i've heard good / bad things about them so will try it out :D , and For the Vlocity euuuuuuuuuurrrgggggh halo ripoff , thats all i can say:D.

This is just my opinion.

Paul.

SpAnKy1000

For hire....
Jun 9, 2005
Lincoln
I prefer the Reloader as when i run and gun or even just gunning out my bunker, i lean my head foward so it touches the back of the loader, as with an egg, its too far back so i cannot do this. Reloader all the way.

Spank's

bulldog2k

Used a Reloader for ages, but the logic on the Cheetah board necessitated going back to using eyes. Little trouble so far but haven't played enough with it to be certain. I also can't wait to get one of Baca Loco's Dead Man's Fingers gubbins for my halo's and whilst I know he hasn't ruled out making them for the Vlocity, it seems economics will dictate they're made for the halo/reloader platform first

The filly-up bit on a Vlocity seems a little high up to me, but hey, if it's ggod enough for XSV I guess it's good enough for me.

Equinox

Go Ball Deep!!!
With anything, it comes down to Personal preference..

i do like the Reloader a lot... its a good hopper.. has its drawbacks, but everything has its pros and cons..

But on the other hand i have a Z-Boarded Eggy and its reliable, and fast enough to meet my Ego's needs so im finding it hard to warrent spending the kind of money to get a reloader when my egg will do me fine.. if i had the spare wonga knocking it out though, i would get one..

Also.. its not always a question of whats best.. Sometimes its a question of what you need..