Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 05 / 06

Kevy D

Retired, lol
Aug 6, 2007
Northern Quarter
Dam these forums are getting really bitchy at the moment, LOL.

To the OP, I had the very same question not too long ago, then I decided that if I chose the 06 as a better buy, I was prepared to shell out the £300(ish) for one, so why not get a brand new Etek..... sorry to throw ANOTHER marker into an already difficult equation (because imo, all Eclipse markers are awesome).... I went for the Etek and haven't looked back since, plus (flame away if I'm wrong) I'm positive the Etek is lighter than the 05 and 06?

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
why?

is a reason really so hard?

cost around £200,

lighter than an 06

half the cost of an 07

these reasons support the statement, what reasons challenge the statement?:rolleyes:

Why?...simply because the 07 (and SL74, and now the 08) are leaps and bounds a better marker than the 05 ego, and the 06 for that matter. If you need the reasons, go read the spec sheets on the eclipse website, and preferably, shoot some markers yourself to ascertain the reasoning behind my statement that the 05 is not the best ego.

whether its a good bang for the buck? hell yes of course it is.
whether its the best ego? hells no.

as for "lighter than an 06" bothered if half a bag of M&M's* is heavy then there is a serious problem.

*guess

spangley_special

Free Agent
Sep 26, 2006
Bristol
www.iamjackfranklin.co.uk
Why?...simply because the 07 (and SL74, and now the 08) are leaps and bounds a better marker than the 05 ego, and the 06 for that matter. If you need the reasons, go read the spec sheets on the eclipse website, and preferably, shoot some markers yourself to ascertain the reasoning behind my statement that the 05 is not the best ego.

whether its a good bang for the buck? hell yes of course it is.
whether its the best ego? hells no.

as for "lighter than an 06" bothered if half a bag of M&M's* is heavy then there is a serious problem.

*guess
right, a nicely structured retort there, you made a point and gave evidence to back it up... oh wait sorry i was looking at my post again.:rolleyes:

now i have not made any statements about which is best, i have merely given infomation that i KNOW.

I have owned an 06 for most of last season and have shot 05's and 07's on several occasions (i cant comment on 08's or any of the sl's mind).

The new generation of egos are good guns with many advantages over 05/6 guns, i am merely incouraging a debate, ideally of structured and backed up arguments.

...its all irrelevant in the end because matrix's re the best gats around:p
(now thats not gonna be inflamitory at all)