Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 08 in serious need of TLC

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Bought a neglected 08 recently, and it has a few issues (I was aware it wasn't firing and badly painted when it was bought).

So...

1 It won't fire! It holds air, the board fires up and everything seems fine. When the eyes are off, no solenoid click. When I opened it up, the eye and solenoid wires are soldered directly into the board, rather than via connectors! I presume the lack of solenoid click is a poor connection... what's the easiest way to check this? Is it as easy as removing the wires from the board and connecting them direct to a 9v battery and switch, or is the solenoid feed stepped down from this?

2 Someone has painted the marker up with what appears to be car paint. very little has got inside the marker, but it look awful. I was planning on having the painted parts re-annoed anyway - is this something an anodiser can removed when they strip and polish?

3 One eye cover screw is stripped and some one has attempted to drill it off, leaving a goughed up mess instead of a screw head. Christ knows how that gets fixed though!

Hopeing @STONESOLDIER and @renie may have some advice?

renie

Mar 2, 2008
No click on the nod is not a good start you could cut the wires and connect them briefly to a 9v see if it clicks then that would rule out the noid
Paint should come off with thinners or nitromors should be okay to reanno once that's removed eye cover screw may be possible to use a screw retractor to remove it

Reactions: Kevin Winter

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Cheers mate! Was Got it cheap enough that it'll be worth stripping for spares for my other egos if all else fails....

STONESOLDIER

Planet Eclipse
Mar 4, 2007
Manchester, Stretford
Wow Kevin, I hope you didn't pay much for it !!

Unfortunately we don't do Ego8 spares at Planet Eclipse, Some parts cross over like screws O'rings etc but not really much else

Best I can recommend is have our techs look at it, they can tell what's good and what's bad and maybe you can source the parts it needs from other places

We should be able to get that eye screw out also

Kevin Winter

Dec 10, 2008
Don't worry - got it dirt cheap! if it doesn't work, at least I will have a few spares for my other markers...