Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 09 VS Axe

Dr Fingers

They don't tell me nothin
Feb 1, 2009
Dunedin, New Zealand
You'll find a lot of people who will testify to the reliability and efficiency of Egos. I tend to prefer spoolie markers but always keep an Ego in my kitbag as a back up. Oil the bolt and away you go with no hassle. Other than milling and minor changes (e.g. screen size increase) Ego hasn't chnaged hugely since the Ego 09 so is great value. The board it comes with is more than adequate and while you can alter the board and bolt you really don't need to.

Reactions: PreacherMan

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Owned an 09 kept the Axe so prefer it, axe is way more efficient than the 09 and smoother with it
Not wanting to Thread jack at all, just wanting to ask how the Axe is more efficient than the Ego ?

Surely the Ego as a poppet would be slightly more air efficient than a spooly ?
Please correct me if i'm wrong though.

mrb2287

Platinum Member
May 1, 2010
Darlington
Not wanting to Thread jack at all, just wanting to ask how the Axe is more efficient than the Ego ?

Surely the Ego as a poppet would be slightly more air efficient than a spooly ?
Please correct me if i'm wrong though.
I cant say if one is more efficient than the other but you know the axe is an inline poppet right?

M4rkm93

You stay classy!
Sep 13, 2012
Coventry
Don't know how or why it's more efficient its what I've found it to be.
Out of curiosity Tricky what's settings do you run your axe at? (operating pressure, dwell, etc.) Furthermore, do you run the stock bolt? :)

Last edited:
Reactions: Joe B

TrikkyD

Jokers
Jan 7, 2010
Nottingham
My axe is upgraded with an Infamous Boss bolt and spring kit, however a team mates up is factory stock bolt/settings and running 190~200psi he was still getting 6plus pots out of a 3k fill on a 1.1l bottle

WingNut

UK Redskins
Oct 31, 2003
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
I too have no experience with the EGO, however, a team member was EGO made before we moved into the Empire stable and now wouldn't swap his AXE for anything else.

I also love my AXE's over any other marker I have ever owned.

Looks wise is the only issue I have with an AXE. They are generally 'bland' compared to most other markers. That said, we have several of the XSV edition versions on the team which are really nice and also my favorite is my 1 of 1 AXE.

Both XSV (post #1) and my 1 of 1 (post #20) can be seen here:- http://p8ntballer-forums.com/threads/just-collected-some-new-toys.150203/

Cheers

Wingy...