Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 11 - shooting problems

Stuntman666

Jul 8, 2011
Hi guys, I am hoping you can help!

I have recently purchased an ego 11 of the forum.

I have air'd it up and to a point where I can shoot, however when I pull the trigger the bolt cycles but does not enough air pressure to get a ball down the barrel.

I have read a previous post which sounded similar and from this I have factory reset the settings, cleaned and reset both the LPR (out to flush then 2x full turns in)& Hpr (all the way to flush, then 4 turns in) set the SFR To 5&7, brand new Duracell and cleaned and checked the rammer. Came back to try again, but exactly the same.

Can you help? Is there anything I have missed?

Stuntman666

Jul 8, 2011
I also used a gourilla air 68/4500 tank with around 1k psi, which works perfectly on the other ego 11 I have that has all the same settings.

I'm lost! :)

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
hi, does it go bang when you pull the trigger or does the valve not open?
it could be that it has been taken apart and the valve is in upside down, take the frame off, remove the valve plug, you should see the side of the valve, you should NOT be able to see into the valve. if it is the wrong way up, carefully remove it, taking care not to damage the valve face, instructions are in the manual.
it could also possibly be the bolt insert, remove the bolt, turn it upside down and make sure that the air passage is open not covered by the insert, if it is then the insert is upside down, remove the bolt pin push it out spin it round and put the pin back in.

Stuntman666

Jul 8, 2011
Yeah when the bolt cycles I can feel air come down the barrell when dry firing to test, although its not very powerful, and when I load a ball into the breach it just about has enough force to feed the ball a few cm's into the barrell. The barrell is also at the right bore too for the paint.

I've not looked at the valve plug, I've never touched that before. Also I think the bolt is ok, I've tried the original cure 3+ and a cure 4 too. Both the same result.

jahlad

Emortal
Feb 11, 2002
Planet, 0161
worth checking the valve is the right way up, after that i would hang on till monday and give planet a call and ask to speak to Nick or Robert but if i think of anything else i will post here

Stuntman666

Jul 8, 2011
Think I've managed to sort it. I gave the gun a full strip down today and found that the manifold seal wasn't correctly seated, it was pinched between the frame and the manifold itself.

So, I reseated it correctly, air'd up, and it seems to of done the trick!

Only problem now is I need a bit more air then I can give it a good blast!!!

Thanks for all the replies :)