Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego 6 Strip Guide?

Natexxo

Aberdeen University Paintball Society (AUPS)
Dec 27, 2012
Aberdeen
Hey folks,

I have had an Ego 6 for a few years now, and I want to try and keep it in tip top condition. Other than the manual (which I have the original of) are there any other guides or walkthroughs on how to do a complete strip and maintenance? Also, what parts/tools would you say are vital and are easily sourced within the UK (I know a million spare solenoids would be ideal, but we can't have everything in life!)

Thanks!

Tagganator

Feb 27, 2007
Bristol
Hey

06 gunner here too
You can get a spares kit which includes o rings and screws and detents. Looks like that's an import job from the states now.

But to be honest there isn't a lot to do for general maintenance;
Exterior clean
Clean the trigger area
Remove the eye covers and clean. Each Side of the gun with small Allen key screw.
Remove grips and clean.
I Replace battery every game the amount of times problems are fixed by simply swapping out the 9v is untrue.
Remove bolt and lube orings.
Clean the bolt shaft.
Lube the piston. Rear of the marker big bolt with large Allen hole. Remove that(be carefull to not round off as its soft metal)
With the bolt out and cap off the piston should drop out.. Note the orientation!
Clean and lube with pneumatic lube
Re assemble and run a hopper of paint through it to test all is ok
I don't touch the reg and the lpr. These are sealed units and shouldn't require a relube unless u have velocity issues.

I use an old kitchen tray so nothing gets knocked off the table and lost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Natexxo

renie

Mar 2, 2008
the orings are standard BS sizes, which can be brought from a variety of suppliers,
as for the regs I always strip and rebuild mine at least once a year, use a decent quality Lube on theses orings every other oring use a quality gun oil