Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

ego 9/10/11 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atari

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2012
Hi, im looking at buying a secondhand ego of this forum and the title of this thread is the problem.
I am fairly new to the whole paintball scene, having only been twice and to one walkon now.
So i am looking for information regarding the differences of the various ego's. Im not looking for indepth tech data etc, just the changes and the like," only difference is they have a better milled body", "this one is better because they upgraded the bolt".
Also i have seen an ego with a computer disc, do they need to be plugged into a computer? is the onboard computer easy to work?
cheers for reading:)
**I would be using it for "woodsball", i cant move fast enough for the snake and dorito game :(

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Hi mate,

Ego's Well to start off they are great, you will NOT have a problem with them.
Second, good choice for Woodsball, reliable and air efficent (Which is a bonus for Woodsball.)

Right:
Ego 11: Has Better Milling, POPS ASA, 45 Degree Swivel, also has a adjustable solenoid. (Oh and E-Portal which is the computer thing you're on about) Has a Shaft 4 Barrel with it and is a .689 bore standard.
Ego 10: Has nice Milling, has a normal On/Off Asa by Eclipse. (Also E-Portal) has a bigger board than the 09 Ego's aswell. Also Comes with Shaft 3 Barrel only again .693 bore.
Ego 9: Has again nice Milling (all Ego's do really) again a Normal On/Off ASA, has a smaller Board size and it is NOT E-Portal Compatible. Also Comes with Shaft 3 Barrel only with the old Standard back (.693 Bore)

E-Portal I don't know too much about but from what I know is that you can play around with all your Settings and Board styles like colours etc. from your computer.

All the Above Ego's are great in their own right and won't let you down!
I currently have a SL94 (A Fancy Ego 09) Shoots well hasn't let me down.

(Just for your Information: All the above Have the Choice of Opto Trigger or Normal Microswitch Trigger Settings)

Hope I have helped and not got too much into detail.

Thanks.

James T

(Also I'm sure a Kind Mod will move this to the correct place for you.) ;)

Last edited:

Atari

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2012
Hey thanks, thats the sort of "lite" information i was looking for.
so basically each of the above egos are good and they shoot just as straight/same as each other, but the upgrade between each one make altering it easier? if i interpret it correct.

Last edited:

Jim Jam

Dusty's #1 Fan!
Jan 4, 2012
Horsham, West Sussex
Hey thanks, thats the sort of "lite" information i was looking for.
so basically each of the above egos are good and they shoot just as straight/same as each other, but the upgrade between each one make altering it easier? if i interpret it correct.
I would say there's a little bit of difference between them all shooting wise but It's not noticeable in a game.
The POPS ASA is a great Upgrade in my opion, especially with the Macroline coming out the front to the 45 degree swivel.
The Ego 11 also has nicer slightly bigger grips but this isn't, again, noticed during a Game.

Otherwise there's nothing really in it. There's nothing 'Major' in my opinion that will give you a Major advantage over another Player.
For example a Decent Player with a Ego 11 and a Great Player with a Ego 09, the Player with the Ego 09 will win. (If you get what I mean)

I would say try them and then you decide buddy.

Thanks.

James T

Last edited:

digitalman

Apr 21, 2011
Uckfield East Sussex
I agree that the Ego is a great marker and I have always found the service from Eclipse to be second to none, however, it is an expensive way to start playing paintball.

A good late model Ego plus a good hopper, gas bottle, facemask and all the little odds and ends will set you back a fair few quid before you even fire a ball and go to an event.

Personally I would start with a lower end marker, which coulkd be an older Ego or one of their other models, get a good mask. Then If you really get into the game you can always sell on your old marker and upgrade to something more high end.

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Hey buddy

The disk your talking about sounds like the E-Portal software which only works on markers after 2011, Its basicly so that you can keep your board up to date with latest settings and software if there is ever any need and you can also change the Pixels on the back display to customise it to whatever you like. Worth it for the money but more importantly for a new guy spend more on a good comfy set of googles and then get your marker to your budget dont do it the other way round !

You may have a nice shinny marker but without being able to see your screwed ! lol

Reactions: Jim Jam

Atari

Platinum Member
Oct 10, 2012
Thanks for the info and stuff.
I am looking at getting a secondhand ego but just needed info on the various types:)
Since finding this forum, i have many types of goggles, because with no shop near me ive had to buy them to see if i like them(it was a bit difficult to get to local site before).
I do have a Phenom with bits on, was just looking at getting an ego to see which one i liked,

scott_peters

London Impact
Jul 9, 2007
cambridge
Yeah if you have the money after googles newer markers have more in them but an ego 08 will still shoot as nice mate - Buy Planet you wont go wrong.

Mercog

RefleX
Aug 18, 2012
Midlands
Atari your local to me and if you play or attend npf I have a 9,10 and 11 your welcome to come have a play with them.you can then make your own mind up also have various bolts and rammers etc so you can compare standard vs upgraded

Just drop me pm buddy

Status
Not open for further replies.