Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EGO 9 - backlight screen flicker/flash

TomE94

Fe!
Feb 26, 2013
S****horpe
Hello all,

Whilst this may not be as big a problem as others on here it is still quite annoying :/ the backlight on the display screen on the grip keeps flickering on and off every time I press a button. Could this just be a loose connection?

Thanks

Tom

Nicky T

Platinum Member
May 9, 2002
Bury, Lancashire
www.patreon.com
Morning,

Firstly can you check what your LIGHT parameter is set to (see page 45 of the Ego9 manual)? If it is too low (1 second or under), then it would permit the backlight to come on when you push a button and then go off after the time that you have specified. To rectify this raise the time to a more appropriate level like 6 seconds.

If that is not the case, then unfortunately everything points to a bad connection somewhere on your board. The only solution to this scenario would be to replace the circuit board in its entirety.

As always, please contact us on: customerservice@planeteclipse.com or (0161) 8725572 if you require any further assistance.

Kindest regards,

Nicky T
Planet Eclipse

TomE94

Fe!
Feb 26, 2013
S****horpe
@Nicky T

Hi,

Unfortunately I don't have a manual but managed to find it in the 08 manual. The light timer is on 5.0 seconds so looks like its the circuit board.
I'll look to replace this soon,

Thanks for your help,

Tom