Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EGO or NEXUS CUT II or G7? HELP!!! Any other suggestions highly welcome!

Ram

Strikers For Ever!
I've played with an EGO, played with cockers, but not with the Nexus particulary, and never played with an angel [ what a shame :p ]. Those three markers cost enough money, all of them claim to be THE-marker to be. Personal opinions? But please, no replies like "EGO rocks!", explain why in terms of gas usage, comfort, user-friendly and stuff that is understandable without shooting the marker :)
Thanks a lot!

h20490

Banned
Apr 23, 2005
Blackpool
Visit site
I have a nexus cocker and at the moment i cant get used to it i owned an angel before that and i loved it easy to shoot and walk and wasent a complete gas hog but did sup it up pretty quick . The nexus Cocker has a zero b board in it now and i can walk it farily fast but no where as fast as my angel, my own opinion havent really messed around much with the nexus cocker yet although i am thinking of selling it as i find it to small on my fingers to hold comfortably

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
Personal preference my friend.......

i used to hate Angels for their, weight, corny scrolling LCD screens and Hi pressure arching trajectory.

the New 05 speed what ive got gets rid of about 70% of the above problems (still kicks like a bitch).

I'd avoid cockers like the plague - real fiddly markers!

In all honesty ive shot Ego's and they fill the criteria for the ideal Marker, not bad for planet first go on their own marker.

But one mans junk is another mans treasure, so try out all before blowing your entire paycheque

Ram

Strikers For Ever!
Well, you see, i live in Israel, and we get markers only if we order them. Since there is nobody here with a G7 or a Nexus, i can't try them out :) Though we got here a cocker-lover, he got Dye Ultralight 2003, latest Karnivor and Mini-Cocker. Shot with the Karnivor and the Dye, and i don't know and can't understand why some people dislike those nice markers. May be because of their complexity? However, is there anyone who can say if there is any kick in the G7 [ they made in that model a bigger bolt, so probably the kick grew ]? How much it shoots out of 68/3000 or anything? Operating pressure? And stuff like that will be welcommen :)

Scars

Retired tattooed lout!
G7s have a little bit of kick - afterall its an angel - the bolt wouldn't effect the amount of kick as the hammer weight would need to be considered.

Could tell you how many shots but the G7 is supposidly really efficient - I think the g7 operates at about 230 psi but dont quote me on that

EyeFellOva

Ego-Maniac
Dec 7, 2004
Sunny Sheffield!
Visit site
I've used/owned all 3 and here are my opinions:

Angel: Newer ones are easy to set up, pretty good on air, plenty of bits for them, fast and reliable.

Autococker: Great markers, but can be a pain to set up. Need quite a bit of fiddling with if you haven't got a good tech local. Fast as lightning when they are set up right, but can be gas hogs.

Ego: What can I say... they rock! ;) Work bloody brilliant out of the box. Great on air, easy to set up, great customer service, faster than a fast thing with go-faster stripes! Not many upgrades for em yet... but you don't need em :D

I have had 7 markers since october last year and think I've finally settled on an Ego :)

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
i currently shoot an angel fly, and have had a brief go with a G7 as well. i like them tbh, minimal maintenance, good backup, no major performance bits needed, approx 1300 shots from a 68/4500 so assume 900 from a 68/3000.

easy to shoot fast. very easy.

Ego have not had the opportunity to shoot yet, but gets excellent reports and PLanet offer superb backup and service.

eblade of any kind, excellent when well set up but can be a pain if they go wrong. definitely a tech heads marker.

overall, i have to say angel. now available with 45 and 90 degree frames.

Ben Frain

twit twoo
Sep 7, 2002
In a tree
Originally posted by dusty
i currently shoot an angel fly, and have had a brief go with a G7 as well. i like them tbh, minimal maintenance, good backup, no major performance bits needed, approx 1300 shots from a 68/4500 so assume 900 from a 68/3000.
G7 - at LEAST 1800 from a 68/4500.

An Angel kicks???? Why do people buy into these myths? The only moving part in an Angel is the hammer/ram and the bolt. How is that any different than a Timmy for example? Or a Ego (which is very similar to a timmy anyway)?

I think you are going about your choice the wrong way. Other people have other requirements. Therefore define specifically what are the most important things to you in a marker and that will give a better idea of what will be most suitable. Also, anyone who tells you one is more accurate than another is talking poo. All high end markers shoot the same both in terms of accuracy and also ROF (the cocker will be very slightly slower due to being closed bolt) so on that matter don't even worry about those factors.

So tell us what is most important to you in order

E.g.

1. Reliability
2. Effeciency
3. Weight
4. Tech Support
5. Cost of ownership
6. Firing modes (do you need ramping, full auto etc)

There may be others but you get the idea...

Ram

Strikers For Ever!
If you got better options then the mentioned above guns, i'll gladly hear it.

As a player i'm worried about:
1. Reliability - I had a BKO, and it's stock regulator sucked, pressure jumping +-25. crazy, so speed jumps. i don't want my gun to suddenly stop firing cause the cocking rod unscrewed itself [ happend with the Dy ultralight 2003 ].
2. i want the gun to be highly efficient - i don't want to enter a game with a gas tank 140 CI, i want to fire all of my 6-7 tubes [ 5 man ] from a X/3000 bottle. Personally i prefer 47 bottles.
3. Of course i want the gun be easy to maintain and fix - I don't want to run to a tech every time i have some misterious problems [ one of the ego's i know suddenly had a speed drop. for no seeble reason ]. Every time there is a problem [ which in general idea shouldn't be there at all ] I want to be able to fix it my self without having to go to some eclipse-wdp-whatever master class by some techs.
4. Weight - All today markers weight quite a little, especially the new models. However I was quite satisfied with the weight of the EGO, so as much as possible close to it and even lighter will be very welcome.
5. Cost of ownership - i guess the Nexus has the highest cost, and if it's the best, i'm ready to pay it. However it must be highly better then the EGO to proove it's cost [ difference of 600$ in retail price :S ].
6. Firing modes will be welcome.

Dusty

Don't run, you'll only die tired....
May 19, 2004
Northern Ireland
without being disrespectful, you don't sound like a tech head!! go for something simple without all the digital displays and complex wiring harnesses.

speed 05. basically an angel fly on a 9v battery. simple to maintain, easy to strip, easy to clean, fast as f*ck, ramps, superb backup, angel tech in every country known to man, parts readily available, no upgrades required, efficient light.