Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego Problem??

JJA5

Platinum Member
May 13, 2006
Guernsey Channel Islands
After reading through the thread I would say that the problem is with the trigger not breaking the opto sensor correctly. Seeing as the old trigger works fine, and when you undid the set screw and gave trigger more play (enough to break the beam). The ramping side I think is just a red herring.

One thing you could try to test this, is to stick a piece of black insultating tape to the bit of the trigger the breaks the beam to make it a bit bigger.

The other thing is the Board normally has a bit of play as to where it sits. try undoing the screws a little and move it close to the trigger or up if you can and then retighten them.

If neither works then thats the problem If not back to the drawing board

SWAT-Jay-

Sep 7, 2006
hey guys, as Teflon said...i had the same problem, it would only pick up certain trigger pulls desite the speed at which i was pulling it.
This problem was on an 05 ego with stock board and trigger so i hope this will help.
The problem comes from a mixture of things, the anti-bounce filters and the trigger setup, set the anti-bounce filters to 0ms(pull) and 1ms(release). Then set the trigger so that there isnt much travel after the shot (as it could be the case that the trigger isnt returning all the waybefore you pull it in again).
My solution ended up with the filters as mentioned, travel before the shot but not much after it, also quite a strong trigger return via the magnet...but be careful of bouce.
PM me, let me know how you get on dude :) hope this helps

Soad, the pin for the trigger is needed but dont tighten it all the way-i had a problem with my trigger sticking cause of this. Tight enough to hold but loose enough so the trigger is free to move.

soadrkorny

My Balls, Your Face
Jun 21, 2005
luton
samuraipaintball.com
ahh all sorted now guys...well kinda
the trigger was obviously bent
the part of the trigger that actaullly breaks the beam that is anyway
the reason why it will work without the trigger being held on the pin securely is that it has much more freedom of movement
the trigger was not breaknig the beam fully as it was bent
so i gently bent the part that breaks the beam and put a small piece of tape around it and it seems to wrok fine
but my worries are how long will it last for
cheers for all your help and support

ollgeeze

Elsham eagles frontman 8)
Apr 11, 2005
solihull west mids
Visit site
Have you checked that the sensor/emitter is clean? you might want to get a piece of cloth or an ear bud or something and run it through the sensor, if you get shot on the trigger its possible to get paint directly through the tang hole in the frame onto the trigger sensors inside the frame, if this has happened at some point there may be dried paint on the suface of the sensor and/or the emmiter.
Be carefull though as they are quite delicate, and be carefull to use the right cleanser if any.

edit: oops too late :p glad you have it sorted, how on earth did the tang get bent? :confused:

SkeLL.ZeroB

Mad For It
Dec 30, 2006
Manchester
ive got the same problem only reason ramp is ok is that you only need to get to like 5bs to ramp to 15. have you got both springs in or is the top one removed like mine i think is could be this it, as its a stock board and not a micro switch it pulls different