The Home Of European Paintball

EGO Trigger Magnet

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
I will address the points made

Firstly, I respect the staff of Planet Eclipse. Everything I know was inferred from knowledge from them (both in person, over the net, or by the manuals provided).

I think its entirely reasonable for me to offer advice to people asking for t on a public forum and being a player from a team who is sponsored to shoot EGOs, I pride myself on knowing how they work, how to get the best out of them, and how to fix them. I like to think I am helping out by participating in tech based discussions for Eclipse products and in a way I like to feel I'm giving something back.

I didnt intend to write anyting sarcastic, apart from the part saying "phew!" cos Nicky could have easily spotted any glaring errors in the advice I wrote.
Apart from that, no, I was just trying to help.

I had your best interests in mind with telling you to not remove the magnet itself, and was trying to save you hassles down the line by imploring you take heed of my advice, however I never said you couldnt do as you wished. I know that a lot of people (and this can mean anyone, its not a directed statement) dont have the time / inclination / confidence / technical ability to strip down and understand all the working parts of their markers, how to diagnose faults, and how to set them up to run efficiently. Henceforth, being someone who has taken an interest in doing this, all I wanna do when answering questions is provide the person with the best possible advice and if in doubt, I dont offer anything. I dont see how any smart talking coudl be inferred from the advice I have written, but I will agree that the medium of text isnt the most instructive and meaning can be derived where none was intended.

As for Nickys advice on "Certified EGO Tech" in your Avatar, I think thats entirely valid, and if you took offence, then you are perhaps being oversensitive. Nicky, Robert, and of course all the rest of the Eclips techs know these markers inside out. They get paid to do so. Therefore I am in agreement that it is somewhat misleading to advertise yourself as a certified tech - and please, I mean this with the greatest respect, you proved yourself not wholly knowledgeable as evidenced in this post.

I guess thats all I have to say. No offence intended or implied in this post or any of my previous ones.

Peace and have fun with the EGO
I hope you get the trigger how it works good for you

Err removing the grub screw does not remove all magnetic force, at least not on the 05.
Not unless you want to remove both grub screws and lose some adjustment of the trigger.

I get em out with boiling water and elbow grease. It makes a big difference when the trigger is just riding on the microswitch, especially with a delrin trigger.... mmm legal bounce (drool).

Gran

London Nexus #32
Sep 3, 2006
Im gonna have a stab in the dark here in this PRICELESS post.....

I didn't think the 06 had a microswitch?? :confused:

I may be totally wrong! :D

Cypha

Part-Time Cannon Fodder
Dec 24, 2005
In a house
Sounds like it. What do you all think.....tadao or virtue? Pro's and con's?
I cant make up my mind which to get.