Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

EGO Trigger Magnet

Red

Redski
Dec 14, 2005
LDN
Imperceptibly off topic for a mo, for which I apologise ...

you have passed the Level 1 Ego Tech Course but anyone who has read (and understood) the manual should also be able to do that.
Is that the extent of it ? - I was hoping to partake in the next Tech course at Planet, under the semblance that it's a slightly more indepth and comprehensive look at the Ego & it's workings rather than just a 'reading and understanding the manual' session ... which I could accomplish from the comfort of my own home with Swedish Night Nurses Vol 4 still playing in the background.

I'm intruiged as am keen to complete this course (next time around), but see little point if it's purely a reflection of Reading The Fooking Manual ...

Cypha

Part-Time Cannon Fodder
Dec 24, 2005
In a house
Speaking pure from my own experience on the course, it was worth while (long way to travel though!). Whilst i agree it does not give you all the information about the gun, this will only be learnt over time, it does point you in the right direction. :D

What i dont understand (again slightly off the subject) what is the point to taking an exam at the end of the course....a no brainer exam really, but a exam nun-the-less, to get a certificate to say you are a 'Tech Level 1', which to me sound like it was a complete waste of time, because it would appear that planet staff (not aimed at any one on particular) and other educated forum members seem to think this is not worth have at all or is it a money making exercise? (I.E. It proves nothing to anyone or using the gained 'supposed' title would be considered misleading). :confused:

I refer back to this comment on a previous post:

Therefore I am in agreement that it is somewhat misleading to advertise yourself as a certified tech - and please, I mean this with the greatest respect, you proved yourself not wholly knowledgeable as evidenced in this post.
P.S. I tried to put in 'Eclipse Certified Tech Level 1' but the title text box would only allow a certain amount of character and so i had to abbreviate, more than lightly causing all this mess in the first place. :mad:

Oh and my trigger is pretty sweet now...not exactly perfect, but 100% better than it was, so thanks all. :D

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
much of a muchness

they all do the same thing give or take

tadao has 5 leds of the same colour, and does a cool "nightrider" pattern when your playing

virtue has a 7 colour led, so is easier to learn how to program

Cypha

Part-Time Cannon Fodder
Dec 24, 2005
In a house
much of a muchness

they all do the same thing give or take

tadao has 5 leds of the same colour, and does a cool "nightrider" pattern when your playing

virtue has a 7 colour led, so is easier to learn how to program
What would be your choice?

Ease of programming. I like to fiddle, but when i have to read war and peace to get it working it becomes boring. Simple, but with features..is what i am aiming for.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
What would be your choice?

Ease of programming. I like to fiddle, but when i have to read war and peace to get it working it becomes boring. Simple, but with features..is what i am aiming for.
I had a lucky board with NOX chip and Virtue Chip

never dealt with Tadao. However some guy is selling a Tadao M7 board for 06 ego for £45 in classifieds right now. If i was in the market, id investigate it.

They are all as easy (or hard) to program as each other in essence, the caveat of LED boards being you need to actually learn what the led colours / patterns mean. so you DO need to read the manual. but its not brain surgery. lots and lots of people use them so im sure if you get stuck people will help out.

the other benefit of tadao M7 i just remembered is that its DESIGNED especioaly for the ego.

the vast majority of others are DM compatible chips (dye matrix) and such often have strange dwell parameters. they work great of course, its just sometimes different to Dwell 9ms on the regular PE ego boards.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Imperceptibly off topic for a mo, for which I apologise ...

Is that the extent of it ? - I was hoping to partake in the next Tech course at Planet, under the semblance that it's a slightly more indepth and comprehensive look at the Ego & it's workings rather than just a 'reading and understanding the manual' session ... which I could accomplish from the comfort of my own home with Swedish Night Nurses Vol 4 still playing in the background.

I'm intruiged as am keen to complete this course (next time around), but see little point if it's purely a reflection of Reading The Fooking Manual ...

when NQ became the ETEK demo centre me, markie c and steeley all went to do an ETEK course with nicky t. we learnt how to strip and clean the marker, what all the parts were, how to fix leaks etc and generally all about how the board works etc etc.

yes it was similar to RTFM, but actually going through hands on with a professional was very valuable, and anyone lacking in confidence would be hard pushed to get a better environment to hone their skills than in the company of a member of PE staff.

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
What i dont understand (again slightly off the subject) what is the point to taking an exam at the end of the course....a no brainer exam really, but a exam nun-the-less, to get a certificate to say you are a 'Tech Level 1', which to me sound like it was a complete waste of time, because it would appear that planet staff (not aimed at any one on particular) and other educated forum members seem to think this is not worth have at all or is it a money making exercise? (I.E. It proves nothing to anyone or using the gained 'supposed' title would be considered misleading). :confused:

I refer back to this comment on a previous post:

P.S. I tried to put in 'Eclipse Certified Tech Level 1' but the title text box would only allow a certain amount of character and so i had to abbreviate, more than lightly causing all this mess in the first place. :mad:

i think the exam is just to check you understnad everything. its not a real test id assume, more of a reassurance that you yourself have absorbed information, and that if you are in any doubt, you can be told explicitly the correct answers which is only good for eclipse as it will reduce user error.

as for a money making exercise, who knows. its up to you to determine whether the £25 (?) was well spent.

with regards to advertising the fact you passed the L1 tech course, thats cool. but like you idenitify yourself there is alot more scope for knowledge than can be gleaned from the L1 course, probably due to time and overwhelming people.

I think part of being an L1 tech is useful mainly on a personal note, but it would also afford you the ability to be more confident in the working knowledge of eclipse markers for instance if a friend had a problem, or you were undertaking a role as team gun tech perhaps.

I think by all means use the title ytou have earned. lots of people on the forum have it in signature on their posts (well i know of at least 2). if the big title doesnt fit - maybe try "EGO LVL1 Tech" its a good acheivement and shows you know more than joe blogs about your marker.

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
Lovetone may look like Morrisey but when it comes to Ego's he always speaks teh truth ..however having had personal experience of Tadao boards on Ego's aswell as the Virtue and ND ..Tadao all the way ..everytime ...always..no disrespect to any of the other boards as they are good too ..but ;)

now back to your in-depth ....

Lovetone

Peter Pan of Paintball
Feb 25, 2005
Manchestoh
www.myspace.com
Lovetone may look like Morrisey but when it comes to Ego's he always speaks teh truth ..however having had personal experience of teh Tadao boards on Ego's aswell as the Virtue and ND ..Tadao all the way ..everytime ...always..no disrespect to any of the other boards as they are good too ..but ;)

now back to your in-depth ....
i would have got tadao but i got a good deal on the virtue/lucky ;)
at the time noone was selling an M7 for £45 :( ;)