Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego7

icejohn

Sep 24, 2006
loudness of marker on field a big negative.

The loudness of marker on field is a big negative.

Why because eg 10man on a field one marker (is tippmann) everyone knows who that person is, and can discount them as a danger! lol. They are loud. I have not heard the 07, but if its loud like the pdreview guys say and they are usually right, then its a negative.

Personally i have an ego and love em but if the new ones are louder then i would say considering if other markers on the field are quieter dms etc you are more likely to attract more paint, pure and simple.

Admittedly it’s a percentage game as with any sport (u drive a red car you have less accidents than say a black car).

If you like it the look and the action of the ego07 then get it, kinda like choosing a good woman or is that a bad one.....lol
:D.

Ahdinko

Team Apocalypse.
Jun 12, 2006
Stevenage, Hertfordshire
if it is loud it means it is wasting a lot of energy.. 70-100 psi is all that is needed to fire a ball at 280-300 fps to compensate for expansion you run at a higher preassure there for using more energy the wasted energy comes out of the end of the barrel as noise! dm's and ions are a more efficiant firing method due to the inline assy and there for run at lower preassure wasting less energy. the fact that they need hi dwells and suck as shutting of the chamber is why they have lower shot counts.

The air assist valve did what it said it is very tricky to setup in my time developing aftermarket products i am swingin more to the easy to install products rather than those that require fine tuning it seems a large percentage of paintballers dont want to take time in setting things up.
How much potential kenetic energy is transferred to sound energy though?
And remember, because the DMs and Ion's have solid bodies, they absorb sound as vibration.

Although I'd be interested in some actual facts and figures.