Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Ego's and batteries

jitsuwarrior

Old Baller, getting older
Jun 14, 2007
Northern England
I was a bit disappointed by the "thruster"...yes, the bit inside moves back and forth, but it don't really move the outside...it would be better if it did that.

Might need modifying...
I heard a rumour the triple rabbit is the most battery efficient - just thought I'd help bring it back on topic lol

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I've been having some serious battery inefficiency (after less than two cases my etek is telling me RED RED RED!). I stuck a brand new procell in and it's lasted for about 2.5 cases (that's a high estimate) but was into the red alarmingly quickly. Any idea why this could be? Does the cold have THAT much of an effect? Are eteks notorious for bad battery life/display? Shoots fine, but batteries are one more expense I don't need so any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers maties!

Skeet

Platinum Member
Sorry to bring this back from the dead, but I've been having some serious battery inefficiency (after less than two cases my etek is telling me RED RED RED!). I stuck a brand new procell in and it's lasted for about 2.5 cases (that's a high estimate) but was into the red alarmingly quickly. Any idea why this could be? Does the cold have THAT much of an effect? Are eteks notorious for bad battery life/display? Shoots fine, but batteries are one more expense I don't need so any ideas would be appreciated. Cheers maties!
Put it this way..think of your car battery...it takes 50% more oomph, to start a car in cold weather...50%...cold has a huge effect.

Try removing teh battery after a days play, same as you should in your loader.

Devrij

Sex-terrorist
Dec 3, 2007
Bristol
Try removing teh battery after a days play, same as you should in your loader.
That makes sense. What I don't get is that these are all things that everyone else has to endure, yet I get a lot less battery life than everyone I play with (nearly all egos, and as far as I know they don't do anything sensible like remove the battery or keep it warm). Can you think of any reason a marker would be draining batteries (ie noid problem or something)? Just so I can cover all the bases and stop that little voice that tells me I could be fixing something, even if it means the return of the voice that tells me to eat children.:rolleyes: Sorry to be a pain in the a$$:eek: