Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Electro Ban

isn't this pretty obvious?

Don't this shoe externally. Istn't this also uncontrolable and leads to ball chops etc?

I may be wrong, but isn't that the same as when you haven't sufficient gas to re-cock the mechanism?

OTOH when an electro fires on full auto it is mostly dangerous OFF the field, noe accidental trigger pull for half a second = 8-10 balls :eek:

Richard

ABBA

wanted like a bed sore
May 28, 2002
Visit site

Originally posted by Richard Kirke (DUPS Rocket) UK
I may be wrong, but isn't that the same as when you haven't sufficient gas to re-cock the mechanism?
yeah but the bolt will clear the feed. to get it to work (shoot paint) you'd need to enduce loads of friction to slow it all down, i suggest not oiling it and leaving it in the rain for a month!!!! :p

OTOH when an electro fires on full auto it is mostly dangerous OFF the field, noe accidental trigger pull for half a second = 8-10 balls :eek:
Any responsible person with an electro will have their gun off or in safe mode when they arent playing.
I would say some mags and cockers are more dangerous in the safe zone, especially when they have removed the safety catch/trigger guard to get their custom super short trigger!!!

Playing tourney is about squeezing every last bit of an advantage out of yourself and kit, if you ban electro triggers (obviously never gonna happen) the big companies would bring out manual triggers that can be walked at 20bps and we would lap them up.

I really have no problem with capping the ROF at 14 for safety, my IR3 says I never shot over 12bps all of yesterday (MM wrexham), and I think in a game most people never go above 12 or 13 bps because they lose accuracy...

Key-word

Responsible...

Not everyone can be relied upon to be resposible. If somebody has their gun set up to full auto then they are, by definition IMHO, irresposible. Also people are tired, dopy and distracted through most paintball tournaments.

I concede that cockers and mags can be almost as dangerous, but neither are capable of being cheated to fire fully auto with a simple tamper.

Richard

manike

INCEPTIONDESIGNS.COM
Jul 9, 2001
Cloud 9
www.inceptiondesigns.com
Rich, I mean this nicely but you are a little bit naive about some of the things that can and have been done with markers.

It is possible to do things with the guns you mention that are not detectable. Sometimes even by experts with the markers.

It's a sad fact but there are few guns that the cheats haven't found ways to abuse :(

I used to do a lot of judging and learnt about what was possible, and being technically minded I can see other capabilities also... :(

I'm also trying to think of ways to stop it in the future but it really isn't easy.

Too true

I will concede that I am not wise in the ways of many things paitnball, I have only be arround the sport for a couple of years and I have never had any interest in cheating (I know that your interest is in prevention, that is no accusation; just thought I'd make that clear) and so haven't experimented in that vein.

This thread was deliberately contreversial and as a result I am debating with a number of much wiser posters. This was as I expected, it does make life more interesting for me.

I know that I have a great deal to learn, I hope that my naivity does not come across as arrogance.

Richard