Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Electronic markers.. Help!!

Which one would you have

• Total voters

brab

Jun 29, 2010
It's only the software that kinda takes these things out - that's where virtue stepped in ;-)
That comment conjured up memories of the millennium bug - not sure if e markers were around back then but hey :)

Reactions: A.B

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
That comment conjured up memories of the millennium bug - not sure if e markers were around back then but hey :)
They very much were around then!
But dates aren't critical to the software running the electronics of a paintball gun

Whereas the 'millennium bug' impacted on me in 3 ways:

1) testing my systems and then going around all the offices with standalones to configure them properly with 4 year dates rather than 2 year dates - and then telling people why their dates went funny after resetting to 2 digits

2) having our encryption cards wiping themselves in January 2000
The one thing we couldn't test properly and accepted the companies declaration of compliance - luckily I turned up on a Saturday afternoon to meet the cryptologogists for the first batch

It not only failed, but totally wiped the card - because it interpreted a dodgy date as an attempted hack

When we challenged the company who's response was 'oh yes, it's compliant except if you have Windows ___ on a ____ pc and a ___ card reader, in which case you need version ___ of the software, otherwise it's fully year 2000 compliant

3) convincing the money men that we needed a complete server and workstation upgrade, despite the fact that the ancient UNIX network was fully future proofed long ago

brab

Jun 29, 2010
You got away lightly! I spent the next 16 years eating my stockpile of canned food, pretending that manhole in the garden doesn't lead to a bunker i spent my life savings building and quietly killing all those who knew of my folly before they could embarrass me in the pub.... If anyone needs tin foil, i also have enough to make everyone on the forum a hat :) That said, if the banks go boom...

Reactions: Tom and johnmassive

david525

Nov 17, 2015
beds
I would never buy any eclipse product fine when they are making them but don't give the back up when they change look at the eblades lots still out there but no parts from eclipse

Reactions: A.B

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
Same with the older generation of egos and eteks. I also owned an ego and eblade and now an etek 4. All were/are excellent bits of kit, just the deliberate redundancy hurts them.

david525

Nov 17, 2015
beds
what you cannot get parts for egos well sod eclipse they got a attitude of hey come spend 1200 quid and in 3/4 years spend again as you gun obsolete well *uck you pal I spend were you get back up

A.B

London E.C.I 2008 retired
Jul 8, 2002
hampshire uk
I believe the earlier egos are now very hard to get certain parts for, that said they're excellent guns. My old ego 6 (I think) was one of my all time faves

Last edited: