Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Elf and Safety

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
My own personal hearing problems relate to my ears spending part of their time filled with in ear headphones, and the rest of the time jumping up and down in front of gig / nightclub speakers.
See, I have a theory to this. Im unsure its the speakers at fault. I think its more that when you are at a gig/rave, when someone wants to talk to you, they lean right into your ear and literally shout f*cking loud right in your ear. This direct exposure has to be more damaging than the speakers? (yes Im aware how loud speakers are)

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
See, I have a theory to this. Im unsure its the speakers at fault. I think its more that when you are at a gig/rave, when someone wants to talk to you, they lean right into your ear and literally shout f*cking loud right in your ear. This direct exposure has to be more damaging than the speakers? (yes Im aware how loud speakers are)
Depends on how close you are to the speakers as well.

Direct exposure to speakers bigger than you is a contruibuting factor.
Blame goes to myself for knowing better and continuing to do it.

Jun 11, 2008
Depends on how close you are to the speakers as well.

Direct exposure to speakers bigger than you is a contributing factor.
Blame goes to myself for knowing better and continuing to do it.
Interestingly a lot of new starters already show signs of hearing loss, often in one ear. Its generally attributed to MP3 players.

Answer to earlier: Pliny the Elder in 1AD who noted that asbestos workers died young of lung disease. Took nearly 2000 years to get it properly regulated

or Deuteronomy 22:8 When thou buildest a new house, then thou shalt make a battlement for thy roof, that thou bring not blood upon thine house, if any man fall from thence.

Which just goes to show there's nothing new under the sun

Dskize

I Would
Dec 6, 2004
Duntryin
And get thy Oxen hence from where it rests ,that path is for the loading of carts only ......No I wont mate it's more than my job's worth.

Reactions: Cook$