Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

elsham marshalling

PSK1

Oct 1, 2002
Oxford
www.taggedgear.com
A few points I need to make and think I talk for the rest of my team.

A player should only be called neutral if the marshal feels he may have been shot in a position not easily seen without a thorough check, if the player is being watched from both sides calling a player neutral should happen as little as possible so to not hold up the game.

Favouratism: It does happen everyone knows that however for me personaly, The Kelly's are not playing the series, I do not care who wins, I am friends with people on many teams but if they get shot their gone.

Pushing people out of baracades to get them shot. I saw this happen, it happened on my field if its the same event. The player in question was shot, he knew he was shot, the judge knew he was shot and so did I. The reason for pushing the player out of his baracade, (not the way I would have done it) was because it was the only way the judge could remove him from play because the player refused to go. If you think I'm lying fair enough but people who know me should know I'm not.

I judge and my team judges the way I want to be judged, all players were treated the same to my knowledge if your shot your pulled, if you go onto a field with an old hit and get pulled its your fault. I pulled one of inferno for a hit that after the game realised it was an old hit when showed to me, however during the game I saw the hit and paint on the baracade, also shell on the players top, I pulled him, I apologise for the mistake however I have always checked my self for hits before playing.

We aint perfect but feel we did a good job and will continue to do so over the whole series.

Maybe the person who wrote the original post can re-think his statements, or maybe with no hard feeling could express his feelings to the judges or steve bull and problems can be corrected before the next leg, again SORRY FOR BEING CRAP mate, maybe you can judge next season....

Phil Starr Kelly's and proud of it dude ....

nutz

Banned
May 22, 2002
www.swatuk.com
kellys

kellys did an excellent job, no complaints here especially after the excellent way they judged the swat game were the swat lads had been shot out but upon final analasis checked the two live opposing players after they hung flag who had evidence of hits, thus eliminating them, swat got the max (now thats fkin marshaling ) respect kellys

sorry russ, i cant call steve fat can i, he's just big boned,
question, why is steves stand always next to the butty van ?
or have i answered that one with the question :D

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Well, I was there and there were a few contraversial decisions.So what? anyone who can do a day's marshalling in those conditions can say what they bloody like to me, I won't argue, I'm not standing around in it taking repeated hits from cold hard paint all day. how many times did your goggles fog up in a game whilst playing? it's worse for the marshals, they don't wander off to the safe area after a ten minute game and get cleaned up. As for avoiding getting into the middle of things, well wasn't that because of the mud? any marshal running in for a paint check would have ended up running into the player...... they had to be more careful than normal.
Basically, if your going to have a go at particular marshals, then you really should post under your real name, that way we can all refer to the fine example you give when marshalling yourself. (you must be pretty good to slag off kelly's et al..)
As for the weather and the mud, well c'mon? take it up with God, it's his fault. however as stated, the parking, walkways and netting are always like that....... maybe time to do something about that, I know the weather compromised the nets in a number of locations, but the HSE wouldn't accept that as defensible.
And anyway, I thought the mud was cool, put a different pace on the games and gave the tournament it's own style.

And my name isn't really JoseDominguez, it's actually S.Hussein.
(might as well get the blame for this, along with everything else).

smartecosse

Dec 29, 2001
land of the picts
Visit site
i've never played elsham before, was told it would be muddy and it was!! still had great fun even if it was cold wet and muddy and involved a 600 mile round trip!
personally i thought the marshalling was spot on, may just have been luck but we had no probs at all. The way they stopped a play when someone was injured on the other team and let another person take their place at the restart was very good.
the pathways could definetly have been better with either straw or bark just to make it a bit less of a battle but to be honest halfway through the day i had lost all feeling in my feet due to the cold so didn't really notice the extra misery of the mud.]
thanks to donny and phil for sorting the max flo on my impulse - made it a bit easier to shoot actually having some pressure!!

my main complaint would have to be the complete lack of working chrono's away from the fields. just one of those things i spose and didn't spoil the day!!

roll on the next event :D

JoseDominguez

New cut and carved spine!
Oct 25, 2002
www.myspace.com
Could be worse, I marshalled at a big event last year and couldn't get one of the chrono's to work, after a bit of tinkering I discovered a portion of gravy and chips stuck behind the battery.
They don't put that in the manual.