Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Emek, Tank and Hopper for £180?!?

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
OP you need to help us out - post pics of what has actually been offered.... anything being said about is purely speculation till we know what youve actually been offered..

slowreality

The Dude
Jun 14, 2020
Pelsall, West Mids
Because £180 is cheaper than 200 / 220 for the marker alone brand new.. they hold their value fairly well right now, and you get (admittedly not a force fed one) a loader with that.

If you would have to pay postage on top then no, its not worth it.. but unless you can find them in stock somewhere with a discount code that will bring it under £200 delivered, its a reasonable buy.

A £30 bottle is almost a write off of that money, as you may as-well borrow one and let the site worry about keeping them in date / maintaining the reg etc.. so the £250 bundle doesn't really help you, as you have a mask already.. and the mask in the kit is... fine... but its not great.
Fair play lol I wasn’t intentionally being dim lol.

We’ve had a development though. Because getting the Reg done is about the same as a new tank he’s offering £170 and I’ll get a new tank so......£215 all in? I think this sounds like a really good deal for a Gun, Hopper and me buying a tank?!?

Schmickle

Sep 11, 2016
Chester

We’ve had a development though. Because getting the Reg done is about the same as a new tank he’s offering £170 and I’ll get a new tank so......£215 all in? I think this sounds like a really good deal for a Gun, Hopper and me buying a tank?!?
Sounds like a good deal but again pictures of what you are being offered would help! Also is the tank within test date? As that would be another cost on top if not.

slowreality

The Dude
Jun 14, 2020
Pelsall, West Mids
Sounds like a good deal but again pictures of what you are being offered would help! Also is the tank within test date? As that would be another cost on top if not.
No I’d have to buy a new tank. I’ll have to ask for some photos or I can just get some (I’ll be trying it out Saturday)

with a second hand marker, any general things I should need to watch out for?

James ECI

UK Woodland Masters
Jul 31, 2007
Kent
No I’d have to buy a new tank. I’ll have to ask for some photos or I can just get some (I’ll be trying it out Saturday)

with a second hand marker, any general things I should need to watch out for?
Get pictures! How many times is it going to be asked for, if youre seeing it at the weekend great - youll know it works, but we still cant appraise if we dont know the actual product details..

If the reg is messed up, how has that happened - were the threads fcuked? if so does that mean the ASA on the EMEK has seen damage...

So many questions here...

slowreality

The Dude
Jun 14, 2020
Pelsall, West Mids
OP you need to help us out - post pics of what has actually been offered.... anything being said about is purely speculation till we know what youve actually been offered..
Apologies! This is the first time I saw your reply! I have asked for pictures and will post them here.

I’m just as lost here. I’m a small fish in a VERY big pond. From what I understand so far the gun is practically brand new and it’s just the tank that may need to be replaced on it. Again obviously when I get pictures I’ll put them here but for now I’m sharing the info he gives me and asking the questions you’ve asked me.....

I did mention the ASA and he reassured me that it’s just the tank and that it needs to be retested

Tom

Tom
Nov 27, 2006
Salisbury
www.TaskForceDelta.co.uk
For that cylinder it’s not worth the effort of changing regulator or retesting

(Technically an aluminium can be used for 10 years before hydro testing in the UK, but not every site will accept them after 5 years, and if it’s been marked for a 5 year cycle then we should stick to that)

But you can get a new aluminium cylinder for the price of testing

slowreality

The Dude
Jun 14, 2020
Pelsall, West Mids
For that cylinder it’s not worth the effort of changing regulator or retesting

(Technically an aluminium can be used for 10 years before hydro testing in the UK, but not every site will accept them after 5 years, and if it’s been marked for a 5 year cycle then we should stick to that)

But you can get a new aluminium cylinder for the price of testing
That’s what I’ve been saying lol :ROFLMAO: It’s £40 for a retest or it’s £45 for a new one. I said to him if I’d buy it I’d take it for £170 and I’ll just buy a new tank(y)

Reactions: Tom

ant290

BOOOOM!
May 15, 2007
Southampton
ant290.wixsite.com

Oh, my dude, I wasn't trying to be abrasive.

£170 is even better plus its a force fed loader there? empire reloader I think, which makes it a better buy.

please just take the advice not to buy one of those cheap bottles tho... and keep borrowing that from a site.

If you want to spend the 45 quid buy the pops asa as its a quality of life improvement... or even a reasonable second hand barrel.

Hey... if the ASA ends up being broken when you get it... I will send you a working one.

Reactions: jim1962