Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Emek thoughts

DonBossi

Mar 4, 2021
Just picked myself up a second hand emek which came fitted with pops asa, st3 bolt, hAir valve, infamous trigger and a carbon FL barrell. Managed to put 50-60 shots through it from what I've had left over in my kit bag. First mech I have had since my first Tippmann98 years ago. Seemed to shoot pretty sweet. Will be looking forward to using it in a few walk-ons as well as my LVR.
Out of all the upgrades the pops is definitely the most worthwhile already!
Playing a punter day tomorrow with 50cal emeks tomorrow be interesting to see how they feel stock in comparison.
How did it go?

Interested to hear what kind of impact the 50cal makes compared with the 68.

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
How did it go?

Interested to hear what kind of impact the 50cal makes compared with the 68.
I was really impressed with the Emek. Feels and works far superior to a normal sight marker such as a inferno, tippmann or gog even as 50cal.

50cals do hurt a little less than 68. Though saying that I had a few shots from a bit closer range which stung a bit and some of us had some reasonable welts!

Perfect for punters especially those worrying about pain. Other than punter days I don't think I'd want to use it as standard.

Reactions: ant290 and DonBossi

slowreality

The Dude
Jun 14, 2020
Pelsall, West Mids
Just picked myself up a second hand emek which came fitted with pops asa, st3 bolt, hAir valve, infamous trigger and a carbon FL barrell. Managed to put 50-60 shots through it from what I've had left over in my kit bag. First mech I have had since my first Tippmann98 years ago. Seemed to shoot pretty sweet. Will be looking forward to using it in a few walk-ons as well as my LVR.
Out of all the upgrades the pops is definitely the most worthwhile already!
Playing a punter day tomorrow with 50cal emeks tomorrow be interesting to see how they feel stock in comparison.

So far all I’ve upgraded is the POPS ASA and honestly feel it’s the best value for money I’ve made. It was a toss up between the emek or the Tippman TMC and I’m glad I went ahead with the Emek.

Looking to do the same upgrades as you as I get the money to do it (y)

Reactions: ant290

The Dead Dodo

Platinum Member
Apr 7, 2008
cornwall
So far all I’ve upgraded is the POPS ASA and honestly feel it’s the best value for money I’ve made. It was a toss up between the emek or the Tippman TMC and I’m glad I went ahead with the Emek.

Looking to do the same upgrades as you as I get the money to do it (y)
Yeah that seem pretty good! I don't know if i had got them all initially but glad they are on there. Worth it slow time but also worth considering around if you want to upgrade bit by bit or save the cash and buy a m170r

slowreality

The Dude
Jun 14, 2020
Pelsall, West Mids
Yeah that seem pretty good! I don't know if i had got them all initially but glad they are on there. Worth it slow time but also worth considering around if you want to upgrade bit by bit or save the cash and buy a m170r
I’m not a big player, just go along to the odd walkon etc. I will upgrade my Emek for now and save up for another gun, I just want to make everything shiny and shoot better lol :LOL:

Reactions: The Dead Dodo

Spooly

PMGWC #16
Jul 9, 2011
Bournemouth
The only thing I got for mine was the pops ASA as its annoying having to dry fire the gun and unscrew the tank at the same time.

I wouldn't bother getting a different back cap. Tip: if you do things up with your hand you will get it back out by hand. Don't use a Allen key and swing off it like a gorilla. Let the orings do thier job.

Apart from that chuck a tank on it and any hopper you have and go play mate save your money for paint . This took me a while to realise .

Reactions: ant290