Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire AXE needle stuck on ASA regulator. HELP!

Hobo Mofo

I shoot to thrill
Jun 16, 2011
South West London
Hi all,

Having A bit of trouble with my axe at the moment. I've had the marker for about 2 months but not actually used it on the field.
The problem im having is the needle on the reg is stuck in the 210psi position. When i put my bottle in and flip the ASA it dont budge. When i flip back to drain the air it doesn't sound as though alot of air is coming out. I've tried turning the reg screw with no sucsess.

Please tell me what im doing wrong.

Cheers
Grant

no-infernomark

I think therefore I am.
Sep 19, 2005
Kettering
is it still on 210psi when you have degassed the marker? or is it only going up to 210psi and returning to 0psi when its degassed?

what i suggest you do is: 1) attach the bottle and air it up. listen to see if you can hear the bolt 'click', turn the eyes off and give it one trigger pull. does it fire? 2) take off the bottle and pull the trigger again to full degass the marker. 3) what does the gauge say now? if the marker is degassed and the dial is still on 210psi the dial will need replacing.

one this is confirmed we can then look at why it only going to 210psi, if the dial is working fully that is.

Reactions: Hobo Mofo

Teddy picker99

Apr 11, 2011
Kings lynn norfolk
I found with my axe i seemed to have to break the reg in, says in the manual it should take upto 10 seconds( i think) to vent the air stored after degassing, where as mine would take much longer. After a few boxes of paint though it now seems perfect. The gauge will read the markers psi until it has vented this air. X

Reactions: Hobo Mofo

Hobo Mofo

I shoot to thrill
Jun 16, 2011
South West London
With the bottle degassed the dial still reads 210psi and when gassed up it still reads 210psi.

Will try doing what you said and come back.

Hobo Mofo

I shoot to thrill
Jun 16, 2011
South West London
I found with my axe i seemed to have to break the reg in, says in the manual it should take upto 10 seconds( i think) to vent the air stored after degassing, where as mine would take much longer. After a few boxes of paint though it now seems perfect. The gauge will read the markers psi until it has vented this air. X
It was working perfectly out of the box and the dial read 200psi. It degassed fine and the dial went to zero.
But I read in the manual it's supposed to be 190psi so I tried to adjust it and somehow managed to adjust it the wrong way and now the dial is stuck on 210psi.
(feel like a right prat lol)

Hobo Mofo

I shoot to thrill
Jun 16, 2011
South West London
The needle had just got stuck on 210psi with the bottle in and out.

But i did as No-infernomark suggested and turned the eyes off and shot some air through it. The needle in the reg then came un-stuck and went down to 100psi, i was then able to adjust it properly. Its now sitting at 190psi and de-gassing as it should.

Thanks for all the help guys. :)

Reactions: no-infernomark

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
Axe

Hey guys Bought an AXE then Used it at CPPS where I found it to be the most perfect gun I`ve ever had all day with loads of guys saying it shoots like a dream, everything was ok cleaned re-lubed then put it away the following week got it out to do some practising and found it showed 100 on the Gauge before I`d even tried to fire it, turned everything down then turned everything up shot it a few times then BANG air coming from every where, Stripped it down, I think I`ve replaced every "O" ring in there, and still air pissing out from the oops , handle , housing , Barrel everywhere , Now before I send this in to be put right by someone else ( Sponsor ) I`ve been told that not much can go wrong with these and it`s not that I don`t know about guns as I`ve had loads but this is enough for me to pull out my hair ( if I had any ) Can Anyone Help Me Please :confused: ...Bluey

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I would like to say as an extra that the first thing I did was to screw the end cap all the way in then bring it out to about what it was then fire it , this is because sometimes the Sear gets stuck in guns and is a good way to release it, THIS DIDN`T WORK this time , If it was that, plus when it`s gassed up and switched on the bolt does go forward even with the air going mad .. Bluey