Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire axe upgrades??

luckypod

Jun 18, 2013
Can anyone tell me what he best upgrades are best for the axe such as bolts,boards ect cheers

Mello

Sep 19, 2003
Romford
Visit site
Search for boss paintball and get a boss bolt. Makes it smooth as butter and a decent barrel is all you need :D. Leave the rest its then perfect as it is :)

Reactions: luckypod

luckypod

Jun 18, 2013
Search for boss paintball and get a boss bolt. Makes it smooth as butter and a decent barrel is all you need :D. Leave the rest its then perfect as it is :)
Would it be better if I got the new redline board for it?? And what barrel is decent for it ?? And also what is the infamous bolt like ?

Last edited:

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Would it be better if I got the new redline board for it?? And what barrel is decent for it ?? And also what is the infamous bolt like ?
Shockwave is easily as good, but with less settings to screw up, less fiddly and costs under £30.

At 10.5bps, there isnt much a bolt or board is going to do to make this gun any better, The R&D department at KEE (like any gun manufacturer) spent alot of money testing out all kinds of different materials, bolts, springs, boards etc, and their end product is what everyone calls stock. I call it working perfectly.

What is it thats wrong with your AXE thats making you want to "upgrade"?

luckypod

Jun 18, 2013
Shockwave is easily as good, but with less settings to screw up, less fiddly and costs under £30.

At 10.5bps, there isnt much a bolt or board is going to do to make this gun any better, The R&D department at KEE (like any gun manufacturer) spent alot of money testing out all kinds of different materials, bolts, springs, boards etc, and their end product is what everyone calls stock. I call it working perfectly.

What is it thats wrong with your AXE thats making you want to "upgrade"?
Ahhhh okay cheers mate

phil-boy

UK Redskins
May 6, 2004
Essex, UK
www.uk-redskins.com
The Axe is a Awesome gun out the box. We have 15 on these bad boys on the team. Most are standard form, a couple have had the redline fitted and I have fitted the Boss bolt. Half use a barrel kit and that is it.

Dont mess with the Gun, its excellent as it is.

Enjoy.

luckypod

Jun 18, 2013
The Axe is a Awesome gun out the box. We have 15 on these bad boys on the team. Most are standard form, a couple have had the redline fitted and I have fitted the Boss bolt. Half use a barrel kit and that is it.

Dont mess with the Gun, its excellent as it is.

Enjoy.
Cheers bud

Gadget

Platinum Member
Jul 16, 2002
Essex, UK
If it's an older Axe then you might want to consider swapping out the Optimus board for a Shockwave, to avoid losing your settings when you remove the battery.

Not personally a fan of the Redline - having the screen is nice for setting up, but given how infrequently you do that, it seems a waste of money when the Shockwave performs just as well. I also found the Redline less comfy to hold. Had one and sold it to return to stock.

Stock barrel is fine, if a bit large bored for today's paint, so a barrel kit may help with efficiency.

I'm a big fan of the Lurker bolt - the stock setup is great, but it does shoot noticeably more smoothly and is quieter with the Lurker (same applies to the boss bolt).

luckypod

Jun 18, 2013
If it's an older Axe then you might want to consider swapping out the Optimus board for a Shockwave, to avoid losing your settings when you remove the battery.

Not personally a fan of the Redline - having the screen is nice for setting up, but given how infrequently you do that, it seems a waste of money when the Shockwave performs just as well. I also found the Redline less comfy to hold. Had one and sold it to return to stock.

Stock barrel is fine, if a bit large bored for today's paint, so a barrel kit may help with efficiency.

I'm a big fan of the Lurker bolt - the stock setup is great, but it does shoot noticeably more smoothly and is quieter with the Lurker (same applies to the boss bolt).
Nice one bud this will all defiantly help me out big time cheers guys

Newt

Oct 8, 2012
Some people say to change the feed neck but I kept mine as stock, new barrel and got a boss bolt ordered and don't think I will need anything else