Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire D'fender

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Tell you one thing, the back of the stock needs some rubber pads or something to make it a bit less slippy than the bare metal. Maybe Exalt or someone else could release a rubber thing like THIS that goes over the back.

alexunder

The Bruiser
Dec 3, 2013
Romford
www.paintballfocus.com
I had a chance to play with it for a few minutes. Initially I liked it but the stock is not adjustable and I found it a bit annoying to hold. I like the idea and the weight of the marker. It just does not suit me personally. Anyone with longer arms will find it pretty comfortable I think. I could have it slightly cheaper - for about £850 but that would be still a bit too much.

Missy-Q

300lb of Chocolate Love
Jul 31, 2007
Harlem, NY
is anyone else reminded of one of those stretch Limo's with the pool in the back?

The guys here have actually started calling it 'The Mullet' (business in the front - party in the back).
Feedback-wise I have heard positives about how well it shoots. I have my reservations about weight distribution with the tank on gun, but people will mostly go remote I feel.

RichB

Devoid of ego
Sep 3, 2010
Teeside
I love the name 'The Mullet'!!

Did a day with mine (tank on gun) before Christmas and am off again this weekend with the same setup. I didn't find the weight distribution to be an issue although when I get the chance I will try it with a remote to see how that feels.

As for shooting/performance; I can't fault it.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Got to use mine recently at a walk-on and I was very impressed. I'm running it on a remote so the weight and balance is fantastic, had no issue with the remote preventing me from switching hands. The loader system was flawless, even when getting low on paint it wasn't too much hassle, by tilting forward you can pretty much get down to the last 2-3 balls before running dry. Even out of the box it had a very consistent velocity and I really like the 'thud' shooting feel of the Axe internals, I've left everything at the stock 200psi, although I might tune/tweak it eventually I'm in no hurry.

One thing that's taking some getting use to is first shot accuracy. It's no less accurate than any other gun but due to the fact that you shoulder it a bit differently to a regular marker/bottle setup I was having trouble getting those first shots to hit the mark. I'm sure I'll improve with practice over time.

Finally, the one 'issue' that I found, the selector switch. I found it too large and easy to knock into different modes, this went from the annoying (safe) to the dangerous ( full auto). Ideally I'd like to configure the selector switch to toggle between safe, semi and ramping but this isn't possible as when it's enabled you're locked to the 3 default fire modes (semi, 3 shot, FA). The only alternative is to lock the gun into a single fire mode which is what I'm probably going to do next time I play. One thing that would be nice would be a smaller, lower profile selector switch to minimise accidental changes, like you can get for firearms

If I can pick up a spare selector arm part (num 72774) I might make one myself