Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire D'fender

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
actually you don`t because you angle the gun sideways, It`s not gravity fed !!
Yeah but even so you're still having the poke out your left side with your right sholder, uneccesarily exposing more than you should, leaning your head over weirdly. Not as stable a (snap) shooting platform as shooting natively with your left hand, might be good in a pinch but not good enough for any amount of time. Not to mention that just like those who did it with warp feeds back in the day you look like a dingleberry.

@RichB : Doesn't look too bad, one of those things that'll all depend on how it feels in the hand during a game. Filled with paint, does it not feel a bit back heavy?

Damn, anyone think this could be classed as milsim?
Milsim? Yep for sure, not mag fed of course.

Reactions: PBWill

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
I know, I have shot a warp feed a number of times, I still find it uncomfortable. Also, the D*Fender sill relies on gravity to get balls into the drive cone, so you might be able to get a short burst but nothing sustained. Like I say, fine in a pinch but not really workable if you're used to (and comfortable with) switching hands to shoot out either side.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Just got myself one of these yesterday. Only had the chance to shoot reballs through it in the back-bedroom but so far I'm very impressed with the build quality and how incredibly light it is compared to most mil-sim guns. I think a remote line is going to be a must, I find it a bit too awkward with a bottle on the back. Very much looking forward to taking it out in anger soon.

H

Wizard, of sorts...
Feb 27, 2002
Nottingham, England
www.ministryofcake.net
Feel is incredible, the gun overall has a great weight. I think once you've got a loader full of paint and a tank on the back then yeah It will be more back heavy than most guns but I honestly can't see it being an issue if it's into your shoulder. I personally find the bottle on the back a bit awkward so my plan is to go with a remote which it's blatantly been designed for.

Last edited:

RichB

Devoid of ego
Sep 3, 2010
Teeside
I certainly didn't find mine to be too uncomfortable or back heavy playing a day with it and that was with my bottle in the gun.