Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire E-flex problem or just me

Magic Rat

Swansea Draguns
Nov 21, 2012
Carmarthen
Not had a problem with mine,fitted a visor off Avatars to keep rain off,never fogged up.
Even at NvS which was v sweaty!

Payney

Jun 24, 2013
I have an Eflex mask and tho i sweat mucho when in the field i don't have a problem with steam, my issue with them is condensation. Yes thats right my goggles actually have a film of water build up on them. the only way to clear them is either go back to base and wipe them or break the seal around the bottom of my eyes and let some air in. They were an ex display set aswell so might just buy a new lense and see what happens.

urbangreg

Platinum Member
Jul 9, 2008
Walsall
www.warpedgear.com
To be fair that's the problem i am having. I think i solved it now though. Get an headband and were the goggles as low down your face as you can and it creates a gap between your cheek and foam then there's no problem.

Payney

Jun 24, 2013
I'll give that a go when i'm next paintballing, so will be a few weeks at paintfest. Might grab another lense anyway as taking them to bits to remove the lenses on them is easy as.

hoot

Mad Sqad Rebels
Sep 17, 2011
Falkirk, Scotland
Been having this problem for months. Exactly as Payney describes too. It's been a massive pain in the backside. I've tried a mate's lens from his E-vents, same problem. He has no fogging issues at all. I've had some success with motorcycle helmet anti-fog. It's helped, but still a pain in the backside. Bought a new lens to sell them on, invested in a pair of Grillz with a thermal lens.

I think the problem is the venting between the goggle and the faceplate. There's a small shelf there that's designed to stop paint and shell from ending up inside the mask. On the Proflexes the shelf is there but there's a gap which allows air in. On the E-Flex this gap is almost non-existent. For those of us who sweat a bit more, or who don't move about quite so much (e.g. in the woods where the air is still), then there's probably not enough air movement because of this to keep the mask clear.

Shame really. Comfiest mask I've ever worn!

Care_Bears

Bluey .. ... ...Teams :- Care Bears UK
Jul 7, 2007
Wiltshire
I`ve found out over the years that if you cut away the side bits away from the sides .. They don`t mist up !! OK it was an on going thing with the Pro-Flex that I always did, and have followed this through with the E-Flex, If you look carefully you will see a score at where to cut away on the foam, don`t forget these foam parts are glued onto the face plate in megga numbers.and when whole is easier to put on.
also your strap should be high on the cusp of your head, so the strap doesn`t slide forwards and doesn`t slide down,
this in turn tilts the mask that should help Not to mist up allowing the air to rise out of the holes in the top,
this is why lots of players put 2 x straps on,
One for comfort and two to keep position on your head.

Luke H

Apr 29, 2010
Wrexham
Been having this problem for months. Exactly as Payney describes too. It's been a massive pain in the backside. I've tried a mate's lens from his E-vents, same problem. He has no fogging issues at all. I've had some success with motorcycle helmet anti-fog. It's helped, but still a pain in the backside. Bought a new lens to sell them on, invested in a pair of Grillz with a thermal lens.

I think the problem is the venting between the goggle and the faceplate. There's a small shelf there that's designed to stop paint and shell from ending up inside the mask. On the Proflexes the shelf is there but there's a gap which allows air in. On the E-Flex this gap is almost non-existent. For those of us who sweat a bit more, or who don't move about quite so much (e.g. in the woods where the air is still), then there's probably not enough air movement because of this to keep the mask clear.

Shame really. Comfiest mask I've ever worn!
could always just stick a jt face plate on them, that might help!

Reactions: Care_Bears

Payney

Jun 24, 2013
I`ve found out over the years that if you cut away the side bits away from the sides .. They don`t mist up !! OK it was an on going thing with the Pro-Flex that I always did, and have followed this through with the E-Flex, If you look carefully you will see a score at where to cut away on the foam, don`t forget these foam parts are glued onto the face plate in megga numbers.and when whole is easier to put on.
Right so i need to cut down the sides where the foam is loose yes? I seen the score marks. I'm all up for trying anything so i get more ventilation in them!