Welcome To P8ntballer.com
The Home Of European Paintball

Empire Halo Bottle Neck Too Long....

Aaron Eccles

Oct 29, 2014
Hey guys

I bought a Halo Too loader and when pushed as far as possible into the feedback of my DM14 and DM8 it's around 8mm-10mm too long.

It honestly looks gastly and was wondering ING anyone has ever cut one down or has a way to fix this. My Spire fits perfect and the rotor I had before the Spire was also perfect.

Any advice welcome

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
Yes before we made things properly, people would cut down feed necks, or even sand them a few mm thinner, to fit the varying feedneck sizes from different manufacturers. But, it is DOWN TO YOU if you go ahead. No "Bolter told me to" threads please :)

Aaron Eccles

Oct 29, 2014
Hahaha okay I promise. I'll chop it down and see how it goes. I've got a spare shell if I were to mess it up drastically

Reactions: Bolter

niloc65

Aka Colin
Oct 4, 2013
Worthing - West Sussex
The idea of a high neck was to create a ball stack to allow the feeder a chance of keeping up with the marker. So if you do cut it down then I'd recommend you ensure you cap to a 10bps rof (which for a modern marker simple, but not easy for an old school semi only).

Aaron Eccles

Oct 29, 2014
I see what you mean. Thanks for the reply. I have cut it down by around 6mm and it fits flush to the feedback now. However I have no paint until the weekend so will test then. Fingers crossed it performs as it should as I can't stick it back on (n);)

Bolter

Administrator
Aug 19, 2003
Kettering
www.facebook.com
You'll be fine mate. Run your finger around in the hole (oo-er missus!) and remove any plastic burs/bits from cutting. Maybe lightly sand it smoother, and you're good to go. Worse case scenario, another £30 halo too :D